Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last mile in Athlone

• 15-09-2005 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi there

Is anybody in Athlone or midlands area have tried Last mile ( www.lastmile.ie ) wireless broadband. I am thinking to get broadband in my home but I am not sure if this service is good or not. I have heard the IBB ( Irish broadband ) is bad and people have not recommended it.

Please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corrcullen

yeah a friend of mine uses it. I believe he doesnt have any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

IBB are uniquely sh1te , other wireless operators are generally grand .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I hear IBB are putting up a mast in athlone in the next week or so. I was considering it until i saw some of the posts on this site. I finally decided to go for Esats 2mb package. It seems ASDL is the most reliable way to go for BB and Esat seem to offer the best value for money, if you have the patience to deal with their customer service!! Let me know how you get on with last mile as I was looking at them before i decided on Esat!! Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I'm on Last Mile myself in Daingean, and I've no complaints. Sure, it mght only be a 512K connection, but it sure is fast AND reliable.

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

How much does that connection cost in Daingean? Is the download and upload speeds the same? i.e is it 512 up and down? Hearing a lot of conflicting reports on IBB at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Salmon wrote:
    How much does that connection cost in Daingean? Is the download and upload speeds the same? i.e is it 512 up and down? Hearing a lot of conflicting reports on IBB at the moment!

Its 512 down/128 up. Its approx 40 yo-yo's a month inclusive of VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

I have Lastmile wireless at home outside Longford. To be honest i only signed up with them because DSL doesn't reach out from Longford as far as I live.

Compared to the DSL packages from Eircom and EsatBT its bad value at 40 euro per month for a 512/128 connection.

That being said, the link is good, i've had it for 2 months now with no downtime, and good performance.

If DSL is not available to you I would definitely recommend the service from Lastmile.

Regards

XDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Do they stick rigidly to caps and have any of you used it for voip purposes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

There's a 10GB cap which I have never even come close to using up, so i don't know what their policy is on that.

I use Skype on mine all the time and its perfect.

Regards

XDA

Advertisement