Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulled over for cycling on the path?!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

When I cycle to work, there is this one way system in operation. Now if I followed the law and went with traffic I would be adding 5+ minutes on to my cycle. But there is this wee street where traffic goes the other way, that would make it quicker. So I nip down the path of that, save me the bother. And I get done for

What the hell is wrong with the law!?!?!?!?!?!

You broke the law, its only fair
    while as a cylclist I fully understand why your doing it, I personally could not cry foul for cycling on the path as I know its against the law.

Perhaps you should try think the same way? ;)
    You chancing your arm and if you got caught you were in the wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Hey Finner, how about an update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Finner

Well vasch_ro, the Garda was unable to attend on the day so another Garda stood in in his place and asked for an adjournment. But I was already missing important lectures and classes in college so I asked for it to be dealt with on the day. So the Garda gave the details of the case and I explained my side of the story and the judge was very nice. I think she could see that I'm not a tyrant and that I was genuinely sorry for what I had done. She asked me to pay a €50 donation to the St. Vincent de Paul - which is fair enough. I'm glad that my punishment is going to benefit those who are in need. I'm glad it's all behind me now and I can take something from the whole experience. It was certainly an experience being in court that day (and not one that I'm likely to be repeating!)

Thanks for your help with what to expect from the day.

Advertisement