Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 PC Demo released.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Cheers man I thats my days work screwed ..
    I see Beckham is god like and can do no wrong I suppose thats fair enough with all the Aian fans ...

Lets hope the teams are more upto date but I have the pes4 demo here and nothing was changed from that to the final released version.

A lot smoother and the detail ...
    Class cant wait for the final version .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

thanks for the link!!
    Downloading it now.
    Already tried the FIFA demo and didnt think much of it.
    Cant wait to see how this looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Downloading it now, hope it works on my pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Try it now.

kdjac

• Advertisement

well, firs impressions?
    It's the first time I've ever played it on a PC, and I'm staying with PC now.
    The thought of having it fullyed patched is brilliant!
    Love the general feel of the game and notice the goalkeepers can throw long!! Finally!
    Some really interesting curling shots too.
    I noticed the opposition also kicking the ball out of play when one of their players was on the ground injured (and an exclamation mark came up on the top left of the screen).
    I'm only playing on a keyboard, so hard to get all the tricks done.
    A nice improvement, and I've just ordered it on play.com for €30.
    I remember it took a week to get used to PES4 and I gotta admit I thought it was a dire installment. However, It just took more time to adapt and learn all the skills to realise it was much better.... this looks like being the same.
    Far far far better than the new FIFA, thats for sure!

Doesnt seem to have the thumb breaking movement needed to beat the CPU in WE9.

Runs fine on PC pretty much we9 rebadged or in some cases not.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is it noticeably faster than WE9 ?

SofaKing wrote:
    Is it noticeably faster than WE9 ?

I found it slower but i stuck it on high with highest res possible so could be faster on lower resolution.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

here ya go folks: a quality link with a much faster speed. I am downloading at over 200kb/s as opposed to 5/6kb/s on those other pants servers.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_10741.shtml

• Advertisement

Tis too awkward to play with the Keyboard. Im just gonna wait till the PS2 release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

is that pes or we.

the passing seems to be better and so do chelsea.

it is too slow on my computer to have a good go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

Slurms wrote:
    Tis too awkward to play with the Keyboard. Im just gonna wait till the PS2 release.

jus get a usb connection to connect ur ps2 to pc!!

you can get em in game for like 10-15 Euro

jus get a usb connection to connect ur ps2 to pc!!

you can get em in game for like 10-15 Euro
    Meh ill just wait. But thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

compared to Pro Evo 4 on the PC how does this compare?

it looks amazing, so much better than Pro Evo 4 on the PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Mossy Monk wrote:

Pro Evo 5 doesnt run so good on my pc for some reason. Pro Evo 4 ran smooth as a baby on highest settings :(

when can i see this on the shop shelf
    i want more of whats in the attachment :)

Mossy Monk wrote:
    when can i see this on the shop shelf
    i want more of whats in the attachment :)
    Oct 28th I think.
    I've preordered it on play.com for €29.99 on PC and have my 2 ps2 controllers ready to go with their dual usb adapter for another tenner or so! :D
    Some nice additional touches, but its not much different graphically.
    As always, it's the gameplay (ball physics, player weight movement, passing / dummy styles) that have seen improvement.

Mossy Monk wrote:

PES4 on the PC is far superior than PS2.
    Even better when patched with the full licenceds kits / balls / ads etc...
    I downloaded the "obsession" patch (around 400MB!) that has totally changed the game.
    It's as good as the PES5 demo! It's like a whole new PES experience!
    I cant see myself going back to the PS2 tbh.
    I've attached a few screens of PES4 with the patch. Looks amazing I'm sure you'll agree.

Graphically, PES5 seems almost identical to a patched PES4.
    It's the gameplay where it'll have to stand out - like harder passing, more moves, better shooting etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Agree that it's better on the PC than PS2, for single player anyway, multiplayer is better on the PS2 as I can't get my feckin online play to work. Once you get the PS2 pad working on the PC it's fantastic.

I've downloaded the demo, getting the expander now. First impression is it's excellent though not much different, but it takes a while to notice the differences anyway and I said this about every version so far.

• Advertisement

where can i get the expander. any links i have tried have nothing (including the ones in this thread :( )

Mossy Monk wrote:
    where can i get the expander. any links i have tried have nothing (including the ones in this thread :( )
    http://files.filefront.com/PES5_Demo_Expanderzip/;4141742;;/fileinfo.html
    it's tiny.
    The readme has the installation details.
    To adjust the time, you press the F3, F4 etc... buttons in the game settings screen - the same screen you adjust the stars for game difficulty.
    Enjoy!

whiskeyman wrote:
    PES4 on the PC is far superior than PS2.

You can patch the PS2 version too i have WE9 patched and playing it from the hard drive so everytime a new patch comes out i install patch into ISO of original and FTP it to PS2.

Easy as doing it on the PC. konami reencrypted the files for why i dont kow so there wont be a Wolf patch he not doing it anymore, hes left the PES "scene" for the 3rd time irc.

kdjac

when pressing the F1 etc. etc. do you get notified on the screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Nope, you'll just see the clock going slower when you play.

The line where it has the time of the half will change if you then make another settings adjustment.
    It's originally at 5, but I think it changes if you press the F4 etc.. button and then change the star level.
    I'm pretty sure you'll then see the half time change to the increased time.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Cheers Dar, I was completely oblivious to this.

Animations are the biggest improvement IMO. Drogba's very fond of that roundhouse kick. Pressing O when the ball is going out of play gives a delightful little sliding wrap-around-the-ball move to control it (and not just wack it anywhere). I likes it I do. I'm useless at the new R1 lob. The ref STILL doesn't give the obligatory red card for last man fouls. But the whole rugby tackle part of the game is handled much better and free kicks work again!

I'm not finding the computer AI much more difficult. I'm finding it harder to control my own players (especially dribbling) but the AI is easy enough to contain. The hardest part is not giving away a free around the box.

I was planning to move to the PC version this year, but after playing the demo I think I'm gonna miss perching myself on the sofa in front of the telly. Also the game performance is a little stuttery.

got it sorted, lads

thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

When people play this on PC, does it run just as smooth as on the PS2? First time for myself to be playing it on the PC, but it's not running smoothly at all. Any suggestions? I've a top spec of a PC and all...

• Advertisement

tim3115 wrote:
    When people play this on PC, does it run just as smooth as on the PS2? First time for myself to be playing it on the PC, but it's not running smoothly at all. Any suggestions? I've a top spec of a PC and all...
    it runs super!
    I got a new PC a month or so ago, and got PES4 pretty cheaply.
    I've patched it up and it's far far better than the PS2 version - graphics and colours much better and seems more fluid.
    I also got the PES5 demo and it runs brilliant.
    Not sure what problems you're having - are all other programs closed when you launch the demo?
    What sort specs have you got anyway?

Advertisement