Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES5 PC Demo released.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its a bit of a beast to run, shouldnt be but is.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fightinirish

im new to this forum, and I was just curious as to people saying that pro evo is better on the pc? Why is that?

i've played pro evo from the start on the ps2, and its an incredible game,

just wanted to know how its better on the pc?

just wanted to know how its better on the pc?

Faster ,no slowdown, looks 10 times better and patching is as easy as cut and paste.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I prefer the PS2 version myself, but thats usually because I only play PES for about 2 months a year if even that. The proper WE's aren't released on the PC.

Faster doesn't mean its better I dont think, I mean Konami usually butcher the PES version of the game by increasing the pace compared to the WE version, and I've heard they've done it again (although not as much this time). I'll get PES5 on the PS2 and probably the Xbox again, but I'll be waiting for WE9:FE or whatever they call it this year. :)

dar83 wrote:
    The proper WE's aren't released on the PC.

Faster doesn't mean its better I dont think,

WE that comes out in january is the best as its like the patched version of PES, faster in that its running on a pc and not a pS2.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Okay, none of the games are running too smoothly to be honest.

Few specs...

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    2.21 GHz
    1.00 gb of ram
    Radeon 9800pro

Anyone know what I can do? Uninstalling drivers...installing drivers....any help at all.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

An obvious one but have you turned the resolution and graphics down? You may lose on the look but better that than it not running right,

KdjaC wrote:
    WE that comes out in january is the best as its like the patched version of PES, faster in that its running on a pc and not a pS2.

You do realise that the WE:International is the release for Stateside, that makes it practically PESX.5, which means the damage has already been done as its based off the PES release. Its a matter of personal taste, but the Japanese versions of the game are always the best to me, the pace is always just nice and they play the best. They're based solely on the PS2, so thats where I'll stay. :)
    If Konami dont speed up the gameplay at all this year then maybe the PES version or the International WE version will be worthwhile, but otherwise I'm stiucking with the PS2.

Also the reason it runs like crap on most PC's is because its practically a direct port of the PS2 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would never ditch the ps2 pes, no matter how better it looks on the PC. I just have a thing for pes and the ps2 sport games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭tim3115

Anyone able to help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just got the Xbox version of Fifa 2006, it's actually ok, but WE9 on the ps2 is far better, cant wait for PES5 on the xbox, it's bound to be better then a ps2 version, LIVE multiplayer and patching, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Davei141 wrote:
    I would never ditch the ps2 pes, no matter how better it looks on the PC. I just have a thing for pes and the ps2 sport games.
    i thought the same, but got a PS2 controller adapter for the PC and now have the 2 PS2 controllers rigged up with a fully up-to-date patched PES4 and there's no going back!

Tim3115 - have you tried playing the game at a lower resolution?
    Does it run smooth then or is it always a bit rough?
    Do you have the latest graphic drivers installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Just got the Xbox version of Fifa 2006, it's actually ok, but WE9 on the ps2 is far better, cant wait for PES5 on the xbox, it's bound to be better then a ps2 version, LIVE multiplayer and patching, cant wait.

Fifa 2k6 seems to be a massive step back, presentation is as always top notch, but the game play is extremely weak.

Was surprised at how bad it was, maybe its just the Xbox version??

I'd rather a patched WE/PES on the xbox than the PC.

Turn off vertical sync if you are having speed issues on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

KdjaC wrote:
    You can patch the PS2 version too i have WE9 patched and playing it from the hard drive so everytime a new patch comes out i install patch into ISO of original and FTP it to PS2.

Easy as doing it on the PC. konami reencrypted the files for why i dont kow so there wont be a Wolf patch he not doing it anymore, hes left the PES "scene" for the 3rd time irc.

kdjac

Is there a way of patching the ps2 version with a cd of the iso or something, and if not could you explain the harddrive FTP thing again :)

Davei141 wrote:
    Is there a way of patching the ps2 version with a cd of the iso or something, and if not could you explain the harddrive FTP thing again :)

PS2 patching is as easy as PC patching, well it was until WE9 when Konami decided to try and stop patchers by making things annoying. But its still very possible and nearly as easy as before, once you follow the instructions.

All you need is a modded PS2, a DVD burner (CD if you want to run the rip but thats going deeper) an original WE9 image and some blank DVD's. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

been playing PES5 now all day and its much better then Fifia06, but as you play fifa more it grows on you as you get the hang of it.

Advertisement