Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 8800

• 15-09-2005 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

I started using this handset about a month ago and initially, I wasn't too impressed. I caught my hand in the slide and managed to cut off a chunk of skin so it didn't get off to a good start! There's nothing really special about this phone. As far as I can tell, it's the same basic hardware of a 3200 in a stainless steel casing. The star and hash keys were frustrating to use at first but you get used to them. They're positioned very close to the lower housing of the phone so there's not much clearance.

Aestetically, it's really, really nice :) There's a lovely feel to the phone and it's nice and weighty. The left and right soft-keys have an especially solid feel to them. The sound from the the MP3 and radio is also very crisp. There's a fantastic chess game included with the phone, I can beat it at medium difficulty but it's giving me the bum's rush on the hard setting! There's no data cable option here, only Bluetooth, but it works perfectly.

Unfortunately the price tag is ludicrous for what it is. It really is a 'style over substance' phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks for your comments. i am/was interested in getting it. may i ask how much u paid for your fone.

thanks alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Sorry dre, I don't have any information on the cost of the phone.

I've seen them on eBay selling for somewhere in the region of €900 which seems like a silly price for any phone, particularly this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

900 on ebay lol. they're 829 in shops. scammers :)

Advertisement