Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Pilots

Options
  • 15-09-2005 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Maybe this is just me coz i just bought BF2 2 days ago but i seem to get the worst pilots. Im pretty good in the copilot seat if i hav a good pilot who actually gives me a few secs to aim the TV guided missile and doesnt fly for himself but since i got this game i've gotten the worst pilots

There usually the ones that like to fly on there own and tell u to bail out, and if u dont they crash the heli. Others fly right into enemy bases with loads of tanks so when u blow one tank up with the missile another kills u and then he goes "why didnt u use the missile?", this one usually ends with him TKing u so u cant get into the copilot seat again or flying off witout u.

Has anyone else had these problems coz this has put me off goin near a heli altogther :( and will i see this alot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

haven't had muppets like that, but i get enough of the ones who take off and fly right over ur head and ignore ur calls for pick up :rolleyes:

I made a bit of a fcuk up other night, got in a chopper, took off, was headin down the runway (after picking up a gunner) phone rang, switched hands on the joystick, chopper into the ground :( embarrasing, and a complete accident, gunner probably thought I was some TK'n muppet. Oh my real world instructor wouldnt be happy if he seen me flying like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Pls dont take a chopper down the Runway :mad:
    I was in a jet a while back & reloadin when a blackhawk fulla ppl was takin off & insteada just goin over the trees went down the runway. Really annoyed & make matters worse got kicked :mad:

Some ppl say till bail out as they might have a mate that they would prefer in & know that he's good/ok. Mightnt wanna risk goin wif some1 dont know. Is understandable but annoys me when they hog the chopper the whole round (im also guilty of hoggin :rolleyes: ) & tk ya if get there before them.

Sayin that I'd use the chopper a lot but wouldnt start tk'n for it. If was alternative means to get across would prob take the jet or BH accross & start spawnin elsewhere once lost chopper.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pretor wrote:
    Maybe this is just me coz i just bought BF2 2 days ago but i seem to get the worst pilots. Im pretty good in the copilot seat if i hav a good pilot who actually gives me a few secs to aim the TV guided missile and doesnt fly for himself but since i got this game i've gotten the worst pilots

There usually the ones that like to fly on there own and tell u to bail out, and if u dont they crash the heli. Others fly right into enemy bases with loads of tanks so when u blow one tank up with the missile another kills u and then he goes "why didnt u use the missile?", this one usually ends with him TKing u so u cant get into the copilot seat again or flying off witout u.

Has anyone else had these problems coz this has put me off goin near a heli altogther :( and will i see this alot?

I just wish the AA systems were decent so only those who knew what they were doing would take to the skies. My one and only kick from a server to date was caused by two missiles going around the locked on enemy fighter to hit a full friendly Blackhawk.

down the runway was quickest way outta there on that map. and if you flew into me i wouldnt punish you, i have a bit of sense when it comes to that, unlike some eejits you find on servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Pretor

-Al- wrote:
    down the runway was quickest way outta there on that map. and if you flew into me i wouldnt punish you, i have a bit of sense when it comes to that, unlike some eejits you find on servers.

eejits doesn't justify them, i once planted a few anti-tank mines at the main entrance of a base, some guy see me plantin the mines, runs past them gets a tank and blows himself up on them then punishes me for it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never had some overly bad pilots, one or two have crashed accidently i.e. under enemy fire, then panick and go into a downward spiral. Generally I accept this just happens from time to time.

As for the punishing system, It's ruined by cocks. People who run right into your fire, die, and then punish you.

Just yesterday I started taking damage from behind when I was sniping, naturally I turned around instantly and shot the attacker, killing him by the skin of my teeth. Then I noticed it said IRL-HavoK[Teamkill]Whatever.

I assumed he'd notice the obvious mistake HE had made but then he punished me for teamkilling. I mean ffs, some people have no cop on. There's been other cases as well where I'd throw a grenade at an enemy outpost, everyone would crouch down, but some idiot would continue running towards it, get blown up, and punish me. Good players equals a good game, but stupid clowns who just run around wildly with no sense of tactics or stealth whatsoever ruin the game for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

-Al- wrote:
    haven't had muppets like that, but i get enough of the ones who take off and fly right over ur head and ignore ur calls for pick up :rolleyes:

I made a bit of a fcuk up other night, got in a chopper, took off, was headin down the runway (after picking up a gunner) phone rang, switched hands on the joystick, chopper into the ground :( embarrasing, and a complete accident, gunner probably thought I was some TK'n muppet. Oh my real world instructor wouldnt be happy if he seen me flying like that :eek:

Are you really taking chopper lessons?
    If so, i'd be interested to know where...

galway, have about 30hrs methinks, this game is keeping me away from studying for the exams though :mad: :D

place is called executive helicopters, be warned though, its expensive and fun, if you enjoy it chances are you will be back for more :D

If you want anymore info, pm me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its happened me three times that I hope in as gunner. The ABSOLUTE noob will then lift off, tilt wildly and hit the ground upside down...

Very irritating...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Just get a good pilot.

If i'm playing i'll offer my services. I almost gave up flying because I couldn't get a good co-pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh dont misunderstand me, im a pretty good pilot myself, I just hate it when you do run into the idiotic noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the worst is the guy who takes a plane, rams an enemy, respawns and takes the plane to do it again. when i see guys like this my rage rises and i feel like teamkilling...

Advertisement