Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First BT 2Mbit Broadband Bill.

• 15-09-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

Well I just got my first BT Broadband Bill.
    ESAT FUSION DUBLIN 2 IR €117.54
    Breakdown of my BT Broadband "Relationship"
    Also March/April/May(3month trial) June(4th Month Free) July(!First Charged Month!) August(Bill sent out so not charged yet I think?).

Can anyone explain to me how it comes out as €117.54 as I thought the connection charge was €80(I got my BB at the very start of March05) and the new lower charges were €40 a month and previously had been €47.

Have I been charged:
    1.) 3 months and no connection
    2.) Connection charge(€80) and 1 month(€37.54)
    3.) Something else???

Thanks for any help and assistance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

When I got my first BT bill I got my rocket science and brain surgeon chums out to take a look, but they couldn't make head nor tail of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

It would be nice to get this nailed down as I've done no specials deals and was expecting a bill of similar size...but mabye €80+€40(€120) or €80+€47(€127) but €117.54 appears a little odd.

Any other comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

when your bill arrived it should have the setup charge, the partial month of usage from end of tial to date of bill, plus the next billing period of rental ( remember that DSL is like line rental and is pre-paid )

JNive wrote:
    when your bill arrived it should have the setup charge, the partial month of usage from end of tial to date of bill, plus the next billing period of rental ( remember that DSL is like line rental and is pre-paid )

So the €37.54(exclude connection charge of €80) is just setting everything up for consistent €40 a month from now on.
    All future bills should then be multiples of €40???

Never picked the paper bill option so its all electronic.
    The problem is that their website appears to be down as well as their 1890 923 923 customer line.

Seems very odd unless they have recently changed their number.

Any other views?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What JNive said. There'll be a partial month in there somewhere and two full months going forward.

I couldn't quite figure mine out either and had to ring them anyway as they charged me full line rental instead of the discounted €10. Supposedly the discount will be applied twice on the next bill. I'll believe it when I see it.

• Advertisement

I'm not too worried about the first bill(was expecting to be charged €200, couple of months in advance) but I though the amount was a little odd.

Thanks for the help guys...will keep trying to make contact with them to get certain details ironed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Are you set up for online billing? If so, make sure they applied the €5 discount to it. Good luck getting through. I always find that betweek 6-8PM is a good time, usually answers within 5 minutes. I guess most people ring during work hours so it's easier to get a hold of them in the evening time.

jor el wrote:
    Are you set up for online billing? If so, make sure they applied the €5 discount to it. Good luck getting through. I always find that betweek 6-8PM is a good time, usually answers within 5 minutes. I guess most people ring during work hours so it's easier to get a hold of them in the evening time.

hahaha!!!....Im going crazy listening to classical music!!!!

Yeah I'm going to spend another 30 minutes waiting and then I'll try again at 18:15 or so...when most people will be having dinner or watching the Simpsons!!!
    Welcome to the BT automated queueing service........

They have good value DSL...but they just dont employ enough customer service people....argh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

BT are a F***ing crazy to get through to!! For this reason alone I wouldnt go with them. If you have a problem, it could take 2 days to get through, what sort of service is that!!

Well I got through to them last night....but only barely at 19:30 by using their 1800 924 924 number and was only able to get my customer number from them as it was their Business line and no more info was available to the rep.

Registered and everything but I still cant view my bill as my account is completely empty!

It doesnt even have my 2Mbit BB listed as the product I subscribe to...its just blank!!!

Will have to ring up again later as its annoying not having a copy of my bill to look at for future reference!!!
    ===============================================================
    Other than this stupid crap though....they do have the best eircom bitstream around!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i just got my bill €216.89

at least its explained on the website i suppose.
    Amount Owing 68.27

Payment Received -68.27

Overdue Amount 0.00

Line Rental 39.96

Ireland Mobile 0.09

BT Internet 0.03

All Ireland 0.15

Other Call Types 0.20

Broadband PLUS Two-Monthly Subscription 147.92

Broadband PLUS Self-Install Charge 66.12

Broadband & Line Rental Discount -71.09

Other charges and credits 0.00

Total Discounts Received -4.13

Total Charges (ex. VAT) 179.25

VAT @ 21.00% 37.64

Total Charges this period (incl. VAT) 216.89

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sparky_S wrote:
    at least its explained on the website i suppose.
    An explanation implies eventual understanding. BT BB bills make quantum physicists go WTF?

There's no question in my mind that the bills could be a lot simpler. Which begs the question: What are BT trying to achieve with these overly-complex monstrosities? Will we be seeing banking/cellphone-style refunds in five years time, when the aforementioned quantum physicists finally form a global working group to figure it all out? Will interest be paid?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Ken Shabby wrote:
    An explanation implies eventual understanding. BT BB bills make quantum physicists go WTF?

There's no question in my mind that the bills could be a lot simpler. Which begs the question: What are BT trying to achieve with these overly-complex monstrosities? Will we be seeing banking/cellphone-style refunds in five years time, when the aforementioned quantum physicists finally form a global working group to figure it all out? Will interest be paid?

It would be more than enough if they got their accounts system sorted out and stopped losing applications.

BT stands for back tracking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭foxtail

similar thing happened to me on BB+. moved house and my first direct debit after 18days was €283. had no luck with 1904 so sent email through support page. unsatisfactory replies followed until i requested escalation of problem (see askcomreg.ie) told me that they had charged me €190 engineer install in error since i self-installed (they hadn't even sent me a modem).

this is the 5th major admin bungle by BT in my 2 years with them, the last of which took comreg's intervention to resolve. i never take their bills at face value

i'm shopping around for new ISP - broadband performance has been excellent but their admin is def the weakest link and it's goodbye from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I thought it was €50 per month for BB plus with line rental. It looks like the package you got above costs around €70 Per month for BB Plus plus line rental (plus 21% tax). Does it really cost €70?? :confused:

Salmon wrote:
    I thought it was €50 per month for BB plus with line rental. It looks like the package you got above costs around €70 Per month for BB Plus plus line rental (plus 21% tax). Does it really cost €70?? :confused:

Take a look at it again.

There is credit assigned at the end!

yeah, but why dont they just put 50 quid, its easier to understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Simple maths would suggest that

2.) Connection charge(€80) and 1 month(€37.54) = €117.54

what is the hard part of that?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Simple maths would suggest that

2.) Connection charge(€80) and 1 month(€37.54) = €117.54

what is the hard part of that?

Mabye because one month is not €37.54!!! and that these bills dont come in single month installments but 2 month chunks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement