Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any PSP 1.50 firmware in Ireland?

• 15-09-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Is there any place in Ireland where you can get a version 1.50 firmware PSP ?

I've just started looking into this, and well, I'm not sure what the firmwares are on these initial european PSP's, could be already upgraded to higher than 1.50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think the euro psp's come packed with v1.52 with v2.0 on a demo disc or something like that.

i'm not really sure as i've got a jap psp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

mine is 1.52...bought in gamestop henry st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

All European released consoles come with the 1.52 system. There are some online stores that sell 1.50 consoles but they are North American/Japanese consoles and are a bit scarce now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Mr Calculator might have some???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Mr Calculator might have some???

he'll probably charge you 400 for the privilage if he does :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Your best bet is a second hand imported US or Jap version. It's well worth the extra effort to get hold of one though, I've got a US 1.5 PSP and use it for on the go SNES emulation more than anything else - it's amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=8479&osCsid=6eaaa990fe3cd18defeaaa59a3089f31

about 275 euros delivered, tell them to mark it as a gift and they will, plus dhl deliver it in about 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

got mine from www.aboveconnection.com

Anyone know if humma's new emulator ;) loads movies from different regions? (i.e europeans movies on a US psp ? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I think the US psp has different movie loading hardware to software config... I dunno what sense it makes but someone explained the difference between them and PAL to me along the lines of "Not by the hair on their chinny chin chins mate."

I can't play new euro UMDs though; neither can anyone on 1.5 and the newer ones even compensate for the wab version changer (I tried the PSP set one aswell). I was tempted to upgrade but then I played Yoshi's island.

Anyone got ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm selling my 1.50 on ebay right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

funkyflea wrote:
    I'm selling my 1.50 on ebay right now.

Have you got a link for it?

Is it an import? US or JAP?

Japanese v1.50 sharp LCD screen value pack..bought in August.

DC input doesn't work correctly but that can be fixed for about €7, with a replacement charge connector.

Comes with sealed headphones, remote, pouch, 32mb memory stick and all that. I might even throw a game in with it at the end.

Pm'd you the link

Didn't you say that you were selling it because you couldn't get it to work and sony would charge you 190 euro to fix it? Be wary of bidding on that one until he replies. If it were only to cost him 7 euro to fix I can't see why he'd sell his 1.5 instead of his 1.52

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

just recieved my psp v1.50 from videogames plus. they marked it as a $20 toy!! got psp value pack, spiderman2, wayne gretsky and a screen protector for 296e

Cabelo wrote:
    Didn't you say that you were selling it because you couldn't get it to work and sony would charge you 190 euro to fix it? Be wary of bidding on that one until he replies. If it were only to cost him 7 euro to fix I can't see why he'd sell his 1.5 instead of his 1.52

Because I want a warranty in Ireland, which my Jap PSP does not give me.

Simple as.

Cooló, didn't mean to cause offence or anything, just not a trusting man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Anyone know if the PSP's on videogamesplus.ca are US or JAP imports?

Just wondering because of the region codes, and also the Sharp screens on the JAP models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

they are US

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=8479&osCsid=847495fb9561790f3944499c6e09e096

There is a 1.50 homebrew program which as far as I know, plays most umd movies from any region( basically making it region free). Dont think every movie works yet though. If you want homebrew apps then id definitely buy it from there as that 2.00 exploit might not go any further( hello world etc are running in user mode or something and they need it to run in kernel mode (?) for it to be any use).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

he'll probably charge you 400 for the privilage if he does :mad:

He doesn't seem to be selling them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

you can get the 1.52 firmware on the Buring Legends game disc
    didnt try it myself as i have already gone to 2.0

Advertisement