Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thursday

• 15-09-2005 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

5.20 Pontefract BAILIEBOROUGH

I have posted this horse plenty of times before, both in this type of thread as a selection with a detailed reason, and in my 'system'. It is stuck in my system today, but I think it deserves a bit of an explanation...

I love this horse, and I missed it last time out due to a crazy sleeping pattern, where it won very convincingly @ 12/1. Last time out, it was running in a tougher class than this, but was running a furlong shorter. If any of you watched the race that day, which I could on the ATR day's recap, it could have won over another furlong against that opposition. In the race previous to it's last, it also won very very convincingly.

So, today it comes here, in an 8f race against class 5 opposition. Just check it's previous form, it has won over this distance in this class, this distance in better classes, and in worse. When it won in Beverly in a very similar race to this, it was carrying alot more weight than it is today, thanks to a claimer on board today.

It is entered in a class 4 8f on Sunday in Hamilton.

Now, I am a small bit biased towards this horse, but it has proven it is well capable of doing the business, and if it is anything like it's forecasted price of 13/2 then get on each way.

Opinions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sneaky6

Missed it myself last time to Jonesie .... will definitely be on board today.

Also like the look of another one of your previous tips "Archimboldo" in the 3.00pm at Yarmouth today <fingers crossed> :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Just after taking him @ 9/2. If he wins, it's all goin on Out After Dark on Saturday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I got on @ 13/2 with VC Bet. Here's hoping anyway, knowing my luck, he'll lose today and win at the weekend :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'd say you'll be looking a decent sized rule 4 if you got him at 13/2. 3 other fancied horses have come out. It's one tough race to call. Bailieborough is undoubtably the form horse but note the going has changed to good to soft and all Bailieborough's wins have come on Good or firmer ground.

If I were to oppose Bailieborough I'd be tempted to have an each way bet on Hulla Ballew who is currently 10/1 although the race looks too tricky to have a bet on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

Are we men of mice? I'd 2nd sjones tip, it's a good gamble, gonna back it myself. got luberon & sawaah earlier :)

• Advertisement

Are we men or mice? I'd 2nd sjones tip, it's a good gamble, after all that's what it always is not a science at all. gonna back it myself. got luberon & sawaah earlier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

looks like we all have different opinons.

im on measured response. in pontefract

4.10 james caird is currently 10/3 and i am really thinking of putting a huge amount of money on him.

i had money on him in his last race and although he came third i was very impressed with him.

Don't kill me if it loses, it is raining pretty hard over the otherside of the Irish sea!

lets hope he wins i put a few brick on him

sjones wrote:
    Don't kill me if it looses, it is raining pretty hard over the otherside of the Irish sea!
    no one is perfect and you never said he would definatly win.

• Advertisement

i cant watch the 4.10 race and it takes ages for the result to show.
    if anyone is watching it could they please post the result and please say james caird won.

sorry man

1st 3 Isidore Bonheur (IRE) 8-1
    2nd 4 Climate Change (USA) 6-5 F

a bollox.

i had sawwaah earlier and put all my winnings on him.

well thats a typical gambler

The 4.10 was very close, Climate Change being beaten on the line in a photo, the rain did the damage there.

ah ye nothing in it alright, iloveireland ouch, as the saw was 8's :(

sector wrote:
    ah ye nothing in it alright, iloveireland ouch, as the saw was 8's :(

ye i probably should have bought my girlfriend something nice instead.

i got over excited.i couldnt believe saawwah was 8s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

i'll stick in my two cents worth...

I'd like to see Ballieborough do the biz for ye...

But one I think is a little overpriced is Bridgewater Boys. There's no doubt that this is his company and he always runs his race. 14-1. Each-way will do me.

post the result please when its over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Get in there....

Ballieborough does it in fine style

Get in there you beauty, drifted to 7/1 too. Well done to everyone who was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sneaky6

BAILIEBOROUGH wins :)

Thanks again Jonesie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

fair play sjones - had a few shells on it at SP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Nice one sjones. My PP account looks very healthy!! :D

Nice one sjones. My PP account looks very healthy!! :D

Good stuff mate, don't go losing it on future selections I give! :p

hehe had em :) well done sjones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Good call sjones, looks like there are one or two boards members who owe you a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Yeah, I'll buy you a pint allright, I had a bit of bad luck earlier but Bailieborough saved the day, thank you ;)

Advertisement