Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg Withdraw LLU Directions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Thanks

M.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Mr_Man wrote:
    Thanks

M.

I did summarise in my posting on the case but ...

Conservative guesses:

1. eircom offer forward looking position on LLU.
    2. Stalemate.
    3. ComReg agree work program with eircom on LLU to last duration 1/2 years.
    4. Various battles & Stalemate.
    5. Eventual WLR and LLU GNP - Portability solutions tabled.

Result: SNAFU.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Surely, we've first to wait for the appeal, which was the whole point of the High Court case, wasn't it (ComReg forcing a directive on eircom, that they were appealing)? Or will eircom/ComReg come to a mutual understanding to avoid the appeal? When is the Appeals Panel scheduled to hear the appeal?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

cgarvey wrote:
    Surely, we've first to wait for the appeal, which was the whole point of the High Court case, wasn't it (ComReg forcing a directive on eircom, that they were appealing)? Or will eircom/ComReg come to a mutual understanding to avoid the appeal? When is the Appeals Panel scheduled to hear the appeal?

I don't see an appeal registered. Just checked ecap.ie nothing indicating an appeal.

The case was seeking the right to appeal (agressive lead time directions). As you'll note the minister was more or less criticised for not convening a panel. Question is, did they appeal to DCMNR against the ComReg directions? I am not sure. Other part is, when does the 28 day appeal registration clock re-start?

eircom wrote to ComReg challenging the factual and legal basis of Decision D1/05. In addition, it indicated its intention to appeal and to seek a suspension of the decision until the appeal had been determined unless ComReg withdrew the decision. ComReg did not and proceeded to issue two enforcement decisions on 2nd February and 15th February pursuant to Regulation 18 of the Access Regulations. eircom applied to appeal Decision D1/05 to ECAP within the 28 day time frame. It applied to have ComReg’s decision suspended until the appeal had been determined.

SMP is not up for appeal. So cg. maybe your right, it was only intention to appeal.

Humm, more SNAFU.

Advertisement