Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children And Sports

Options
  • 15-09-2005 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

In a way, you can see where the parents are coming from. Maybe they failed in something that they loved, and wanted that success to come through their children. Then again, I could be talking psychological bull.... :p

I have a 5 year old son. I brought him to Ju-Jitsu about 6 months ago to see if he'd give it a try. He sat at the side of the mat and watched for 3 weeks but started crying when we urged him onto the mat. He was just shy.... I said I'd leave it until he was a bit older. I like it if he got into Ju-Jitsu as it would be excellent for his confidence and he could make loads of more friends.

I wouldn't push him as far as Stefi Graff's mother did now. I'd stand behind him all the way no matter what decision he made.

Advertisement