Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hi-fi recommendation.

Options
  • 15-09-2005 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

cambridge azur 340a and 340c
    or
    NAD C320BEE + NAD C521BEE

is the more expensive (90euro more) NAD worth it? i've read some conflicting reviews saying one or the other is far better...
    and i'm really only going for entry level stuff.

cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Might find more info here:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

My preference would be the NAD every time. That model go a great review.
    What speakers do you intend to drive with it ?

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Aural Envelope EX300 will prob be the speakers i go with...
    cheap but i'm sure i'll upgrade in a few years or whatever, they suit my budget now...
    all richer sounds stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

the raven wrote:
    Aural Envelope EX300 will prob be the speakers i go with...
    cheap but i'm sure i'll upgrade in a few years or whatever, they suit my budget now...
    all richer sounds stuff...

Have you listened to these ? I'm sure HN had a speaker that looked like these with a different brand name on them. The reviews on these are at both ends of the scale - they're either brilliant or rubbish - no inbetween.

If those in HN are the same then they wouldn't be my choice - boomy bass - poor focus and hard to listen too for longer than it took me to reach the amp and turn it off.

I'd think carefully here, go out and listen to some speakers with a mid priced amp, a good speaker will forgive an avarage amp but a bad speaker will just sound bad no matter what. It would be like having a 500 quid DVD player connected to a lidl 14" TV.

Then again audio is a very personal thing, maybe you'll love the Aurals but listen to them first is my advice.

ZEN

Advertisement