Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German orals

Options
  • 15-09-2005 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

i'm just wondering how many topics do you have to have prepared for the german orals altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

There's no certain number of topics that you "have" to have prepared, they can ask you anything, but generally they stick to the issues from your picture stories and roleplays. I think the picture stories are the same as last year, if so it could be stuff like racism, differences between Irish and German schools etc

Personally I think it's better than French or Irish cos out of the 15 mins of the oral, 5 have to be spent on the picture stories, 5 on the role play and the reamaining 5 on general questions, so the really won't have time to ask you about anything other than yourself/family, school etc in the general questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

in the general convo there are 7 sections they will only ask you on. family, wohnort,school,career plans. and a few others i ncant think of now. get a syllabus from the dep. and it will help(aolt).

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Any one got a link to a pdf of the german syllabus?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

thanks a mill! my teacher was spouting on about thirty topics or something?? crazy frau scully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Leaving Cert German Syllabus

The conversation element of the oral will last 4.5 to 5 mins and will cover some of the following themes:
    • Meine Familie und ich
    • Die Schule
    • Zukunftspläne
    • Spracherlernen
    • Aufenthalt in einem deutschsprachigen Land
    • Kontakt mit Deutschen
    Also, there will be a question asking if you wish to speak about a German literary work or a German movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

*marie* wrote:
    There's no certain number of topics that you "have" to have prepared, they can ask you anything,

Dont think thats true. German is probably the best oral subjects to take. They cant ask you anything about current affairs unlike french etc. There are prescribed topics that they can only ask. Dont know them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

CrimE wrote:
    Dont think thats true. German is probably the best oral subjects to take. They cant ask you anything about current affairs unlike french etc. There are prescribed topics that they can only ask. Dont know them all though.
    True about not anything can arise in the conversation. The topics are listed in the previous post. There are also set questions on each picture story (in schools since January 2004) and the examiner has tasks (on a card) to carry out in each role-play.

Advertisement