Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Once Was Not *so* IS!

• 15-09-2005 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

So, after getting my hands on a copy of this fantastic album, i've been listening to it non stop for the last 2 days. I'm very impressed, BUT it's not cryptopsy like you know them. The production is much clearer, especially Flo (drums). the drums positively thunder above anything else. and that is what this album i all about. I'm totally blown away with the drums.

As for the rest of the band, lord worm is almost intelligible, guitars are pretty clear sounding, pretty straight forward there. and bass is, well, class :)

But the drums. holy poop on a stick! never have i heard anything like it before.

anyway here's an official mp3 : http://mp3.centurymedia.com/cryptopsy_thepestilence.mp3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Interesting. When I stuck it on I thought to myself "This is Cryptopsy? No way!" but jesus, good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Just wait till you hear the beauties that are "In The Kingdom Where Everything Dies, The Sky Is Mortal" (haha that HAS to be a nile influence!) and "Angelskingarden". fantastic to say the least. I'm really looking forward to see how the community in general are going to take this album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Weird... It's...good. But I'm still confused. Recently I've been listening to both None So Vile and None So Live once each day, and as you might guess, I really like them both. This is a bit different though, I have to admit. The brutality of the earlier stuff has been lessened, and Lord Worms vocals are more intelligible than on Blasphemy and None So Vile. Whether that's a good thing I don't know. But it's still top notch stuff, just a departure from the soundtracks to violent assault I've come to expect from them.

Then again, might I ask how you got your hands on a copy of the album? it's not out for another month and two days... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

do all the tracks have a similar feel to this one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

On closer listening, I like it. I think they need to turn the guitars up a bit, just because Flo is famous now doesn't mean they have to overpower the other instruments with the drums.

• Advertisement

Kilgore-Trout : All the tracks, as reported by Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles, are different. ie the Pestilence... has some spoken word passages in it. Keeping the Cadaver Dogs Busy is more in the style of old cryptopsy.

nosmo : i have some contacts who are good to me :)

About 4 mins into Angelskingarden there is an absolutely INSANE gravity blast from flo :D
    I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ruaidhri wrote:
    About 4 mins into Angelskingarden there is an absolutely INSANE gravity blast from flo :D
    I'm still trying to pick my jaw off the ground!

Pardon my ignorance, but "Gravity Blast"? :confused:
    Whassat?

haha it's the only way to describe it! you'll hear it and go "so, he's not nuts after all!"

Advertisement