Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol prices coming down

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mac 3 wrote:
    That infamous filling station is not selling petrol anymore...

Thanks I didn't know that. :)

My heart bleads for the owner (not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Some of the companies are selling off sites right now maybe that one was always going to close so they simply chanced thier arm...

Mike.

He is the dealer for two reasonibly large volume car manufacturers. His fuel was always expensive, he didn't even have a shop on the forecourt so obviously his living was not dependant on fuel sales.

Also he has just built a new showroom about half a mile down the road to move one of his dealerships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

He claimed that shell forced him to purchase at 129 a litre and he claimed he needed to charge 137 to make a profit. :eek:

I wonder how true this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Bond-007 wrote:
    He claimed that shell forced him to purchase at 129 a litre and he claimed he needed to charge 137 to make a profit. :eek:

I wonder how true this is?

Sounds a bit off - he'd have been better off driving down to one of his competitors and filling up a tanker.

Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bond-007 wrote:

He is a lier. If Shell forced him to purchase at €1.29, he would need to sell for over €2.00 to make a proft (remember: duties and tax)

Yes I think he is telling porkies alright.

He is a shrude enough business man to be maintaining the dealership of two brands of cars for over 20 years (BMW & Nissan) so I doubt that he is buying petrol at a higher rate than anyone else locally.

Strange enough though Shell have not commented on his statement so there maybe a bit more going on here in the background than we are made to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Spotted price of 110.9 at deansgrange and 113.9 at clonskeagh (both unleaded).

Price Gouging is still in evidence up this neck of the woods.

Texaco Roscrea 122.9 unleaded 112.9 diesel

Campus Ballyragget 125.9 unleaded 112.9 diesel.

Shell Castlecomer Rd, Kilkenny 119.9 Unleaded

Statoil, Kilkenny. 116.9 unleaded. 110.9 Diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Drove down to may parents in Wicklow yesterday, needing to fill up, so made a note of prices to fill up on my way back. Between Lucan and Blessington, they were all selling at 116.9, then saw one at 115.9 (where I filled up), and once into the depths of Wicklow the prices all shot up to 121.9.

I worked out that I save €2.10 by filling up at the cheapest. Nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I live in blessington and its just dropped from 122.9 to 117.0 and 11.9 for diesel in the maxol. Statoil is the same.

Where i am from in wicklow though is charting 125.9 and 119.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 S2000

116 in Esso on the Malahide Road this evening so I filled up..... is it due to keep coming down?

I was down in Tralee yesterday and got it for 111.9. There was quite a queue there.

No price reductions in Waterford. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

diesel is 108 at shell in goatstown!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

Havent filled up yet. Will have to tomorrow. Prices in Wexford are unreal! Its the government tax that is the reason why its so high. Oil prices didnt magically fall, the government just let off some of their tax. Its absolutely ridiculous!! They should totally reduce the tax

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lazylad wrote:
    Havent filled up yet. Will have to tomorrow. Prices in Wexford are unreal! Its the government tax that is the reason why its so high. Oil prices didnt magically fall, the government just let off some of their tax. Its absolutely ridiculous!! They should totally reduce the tax
    The government haven't reduced the tax take on petrol - I can't remember the last time they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

lazylad wrote:
    Oil prices didnt magically fall

Correct, they didn't magically fall.
    But, they did fall, it just wasn't that magical! :)

I think it is sad we are all getting so excited about petrol priced at €1.12(ish).
    If it ever got back to the €0.85 region, then I'd get excited. After all, it was only a few weeks ago when we were all disgusted at the prospect of petrol breaking €1 per litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Still 118 to 119 here in Sligo. Any chance it will come down further, or should I just go ahead and fill (instead of getting tenners until..)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭stevieg_irl

its 116 or 117 in ennis, saw a trucker filling up wit over 500euro worth using two pumps, it was pretty cool.
    there is a small station near the Lady Gregory in Gort unleaded is 112 or 113

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bond-007 wrote:
    No price reductions in Waterford. :(

Not quite, Shell on the Cork road at Yellow House/Kilbarry turn is down to a cent ot two. Yeah, I know - big deal!

Mike.

Advertisement