Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience in getting Smart BB

• 15-09-2005 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

I am now eircom FREE!

Initial application to Smart after finding my exchange (SANTRY) was Smart enabled to surfing the net on Smart BB - 14days.

Compare to initial application to eircom for phone line to actually getting a phoneline - 4 months plus! Wrong addresses, installing 'my line' at the wrong address, 10's of phonecalls to ensure they had my correct address, engineers calling out to wrong address, being told I could keep my old number then not then yes then not...

No hold ups with changing provider, I made sure to fill in request form to eircom for change of provider EXACTLY as the details on my eircom bill inc. spelling errors and wrong postcode.

Smart customer service very friendly and efficient and a big thumbs up to Garfield on these boards for his help - a very good indication that this company is up for providing 1st class support and advice etc. Thanks Garfield.

I am thrilled - €35pm BB and line rental, lower cost calls than eircom and free calls to other Smart numbers. nice one. Get it if it is available to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Congratulations, you got everything now :-)

delah wrote:
    I am now eircom FREE!

Initial application to Smart after finding my exchange (SANTRY) was Smart enabled to surfing the net on Smart BB - 14days.

Compare to initial application to eircom for phone line to actually getting a phoneline - 4 months plus! Wrong addresses, installing 'my line' at the wrong address, 10's of phonecalls to ensure they had my correct address, engineers calling out to wrong address, being told I could keep my old number then not then yes then not...

No hold ups with changing provider, I made sure to fill in request form to eircom for change of provider EXACTLY as the details on my eircom bill inc. spelling errors and wrong postcode.

Smart customer service very friendly and efficient and a big thumbs up to Garfield on these boards for his help - a very good indication that this company is up for providing 1st class support and advice etc. Thanks Garfield.

I am thrilled - €35pm BB and line rental, lower cost calls than eircom and free calls to other Smart numbers. nice one. Get it if it is available to you.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I ordered smart broadband lats week,hopefully we should be up and running within a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

To Tony: Yeah! Just about, happy chap I am right now! Plus I'm actually working days now so literally, HAPPY DAYS! :D

To christophicus: Best of luck, hopefully it'll be as smooth as my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

yeah i too hope it will be smooth although there have already been problems.we had to get the line name changed for the billing account,eircom sent out a form to be signed which we did,then they sent out the form again saying that the signing needed to be witnessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

yeah i too hope it will be smooth although there have already been problems.we had to get the line name changed for the billing account,eircom sent out a form to be signed which we did,then they sent out the form again saying that the signing needed to be witnessed.

Oops. They can be right cnuts, eircon. Please make sure you fill in Smart form with address eircon use, believe me eircons version will be very unlike your actual address, postal code etc.

Substitute postal code for townland etc etc. Use exactly THE ADDRESS THAT SHOWER OF RIPOFF MERCHANTS USE, THAT'S MY TIP.

Best of luck man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement