Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wats better: computer science, maths physics or exp physics. i dont know which to do.

Options
  • 15-09-2005 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

i have to decide which of the 3 to do and i just cant decide. which is the most interesting or the easiest as i'll probably drop it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

be thankfull you have the choice mate

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

computer science, but I never did the other two so...meh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

They're all evil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

ClareBear wrote:
    They're all evil!

Nary a truer word spoken....

I faced the same situation when I started science as well. I picked experimental physics and computer science. I had absolutely no background in physics apart from my junior Cert knowledge but it's easy enough and you should be able to blag your way true it. Ditto computer science. If you're any good at maths then do maths phys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I'm such a non Maths type person, I hate it. At least I only have 2 hours of it this year. Thing about Maths is if you're good at it you're sorted cause there's virtually no study involved. Ye lucky fecking bunch of geniuses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Don't get me wrong, I suck at maths (and I have a degree in it - "Hey Bill, remember when you asked me what the definition of irony was?"). The key word here is 'blagging'. If you're good at that then you're sorted. Luckily I seem to have an innate ability in that particular field. Back of the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Maths physics is the easiest science subject on the planet. A bunce of inbred monkeys high on absinthe could ace that exam while drilling holes in their heads. it's that easy. gets a bit boring in 2nd year though. computer science is ok, challenging but a bit boring in places and isn't much fun the 2nd semester, it's something you really have to work at. Exp physics is probably the most balanced but it all goes to hell in 2nd year with Van der **** running the show. Welcome to maynooth! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

if its just for one year, go with math physics, even i passed that, it's handy and the department are lovely and the papers never change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 forest gump

thanks for all the help. it was actually really helpful plus maynooth rocks!! just thought i'd throw dat in there. i'll probably go with one of the physics. im leaning more towards experimental cause i suck at maths so thanks and i'll see you around even though i wont know who you are but thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

wats better: computer science, maths physics or exp physics. i dont know which to do.
    Correct spelling, grammar and punctuation are preferable to any of the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

omgz bad grammerz on teh interwebz! KILL THE FOOLZ in teh schoolz! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Math Phys doesnt rely much on Maths, tis piss easy, I never attended my tutorials and still passed! This year doesnt look too stressful either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

i have to decide which of the 3 to do and i just cant decide. which is the most interesting or the easiest as i'll probably drop it

Do what I did - do all three! :D

And Maths Phys is really cool. It's pure calculus and derivations. Totally kick ass.

Advertisement