Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New studio album from EARTH!!!

Options
  • 15-09-2005 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

This morning I pre-ordered the new album from Earth. I heard rumours that there was going to be a new studio album and I was kind of expecting to be disappointed but when I looked at the label I'm ****ing psyched! Southern Lord put out the only decent Earth release since Earth2 and Pentastar and it was a remix album! More importantly they have been putting out the most jaw droppingly excellent metal in recent years. Needless to say I'm very interested to hear what Dylon Carlson will be playing on the album considering the majority of acts on that label would not exist if it wasn't for Earth2. In case you couldn't tell, I'm excited. I just hope it's not a disappointment like the two hung together live albums from earlier this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Intriguing. Sunn will regret splashing out on those new robes now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Dylan will show them how to rock out sans robes.

On a related topic, I was talking to a friend of mine (someone I've known for a while but is one of those still waters types) and he had a pretty cool story to do with Earth. He was living in London when they played there during the mid-nineties and was in a similar drone/noise rock band. He went to see them and the band were over an hour late. So he got up on stage and started playing. Next of all Dylan Carlson comes out and my mate is about stop but Carlson tells him to keep going. An hour later the gig ends and Dylan turns to my mate and Earth release it later as "Sunn Amps and Smashed Guitars". Jammy bastard.

Advertisement