Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamecube Games?

Options
  • 16-09-2005 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a good game on the Gamecube, i have it sittin here but i have not got a game for it in ages! Whats a new good game at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Father_Ted

You can't go wrong with Resident Evil 4. Game of the year for the Gamecube IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Super Monkey Ball and Eternal Darkness, 2 oldies but both brilliant games.

Ive heard good things about Killer 7 but havent played it yet also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

killer 7 is excellent. just dont give up on it after one level.

resi 4 is an obvoius one. both metroid proime games. the wind waker. pikmin 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Single player:
    Resi 4
    Killer 7
    Viewtiful Joe 1&2
    Windwaker
    F-Zero GX

MP:
    Wario Ware Inc
    MarioKart DD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

im trying to get hold of Beyond good and evil, ive heard good things but i cant get a copy....im trying to buy one in fs if anyone has one.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I recommend:
    Resident Evil 4
    Eternal Darkness

I also have monkey ball and metroid prime, neither of which has impressed me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime is the blatantly obvious one if you don't already have it. As well as that...
    RE4, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero GX, and if you like RPGs... Tales of Symphonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Thanks guys external darkness sounds like it could be good, between myself and my brother i have alot of the other ones. But is it true to say that there isnt the same choice of games on the cube as opposed to xbox or the playstation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

The Gamecube is about quality and not quantity, it is true that the selection is not as good but what nintendo allow to carry their license is generally some good stuff.
    If you stick to the general rule that any game that has the Only for Nintendo corner bit on it that it will be quality.
    It will be a little fluffy and possibly have a childish look but if you can get over that (I'm 34 my gf is 25) then you are in for a lot of quality gaming.
    10 day return policy in game is your friend.
    I cant wait cos there should soon be a lot of games going really cheaply as the GC slowly dies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,449 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Viewtiful Joe, Resi 4, Resi 1 (if you can find it. i managed to get it 2nd hand for 6 yo yos the other day).

Paper Mario is a bizarre but brilliant piece of software : highly reccomended as it's lengthy, the gameplay is perfect and the graphics / humour hilarious

For something a bit longer, you can always try Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, but theyre seriously a love hate kinda thing.

And the Wind Waker and Super Smash Bros are classic.

If you find Beyond Good and Evil, you cant go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ramses

Yep, I second Resident Evil Remake, and if you like that you should check out Resident Evil Zero. Both should be fairly easy to get now for a decent price.

Also I recommend Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes and Soul Calibur II highly.

As for the argument of GC vs PS2. I have both but the GC always wins. I know Sony is renowned for quantity but they only have a few games I consider essential - Tekken, Final Fantasy, and Onimusha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Twin Snakes or Sonic Mega Collection. Nothing beats a quick bash at Sonic 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

twin snakes, resi 4, metroid, f zero GX. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Tales of Symphonia. Tales of Symphonia.

And all of what's been said already.

All of it.

Advertisement