Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't get me wrong...Abercrombie does piss me off sometimes

• 16-09-2005 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of the time. Especially when every bloke in the southside has a hoody! But credit given where due, their jeans are brilliant. I mean absolutely brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cheesedude wrote:
    A lot of the time. Especially when every bloke in the southside has a hoody! But credit given where due, their jeans are brilliant. I mean absolutely brilliant.

I agree,
    I think Abercrombie make some amazing stuff, including their jeans & hoodies, great quality clothes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

Abercrombie clothes are great! Really nice jeans...amazing! And as you both said very good quality... And hoodies last for ages! And it isn't the most expensive either! Like a hoodie is about 40 euro and you get what you pay for, jeans about 70 and once again you do get what you pay for!¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I got a pair of Abercrombie jeans in the states in TJ Makk, perfect fit, good style ... 7 dollars!

Couldn't believe it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Is that stuff available over here? Can't say I've ever seen it.

grimloch wrote:

Nope and hopefully it never will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

grimloch wrote:

There should be an outlet opening up in Dundrum shopping center in the next year

There should be an outlet opening up in Dundrum shopping center in the next year
    Do ya think?
    However, Animal is opening down there soon enough, so Abercrombie is a possibility.
    If they open here, i hope theres a big f*ck off mark up on everything so as to discourage knackers from buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hope loads of knackers *do* buy it... just to see how all the D4's react :p

knackers ruin everything.I can practically hear how they'd pronounce it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I hope loads of knackers *do* buy it... just to see how all the D4's react :p

my sentiments exactly!!! oh the stresses of being such a label slave.
    I have nowt against abercrombie. If they make quality clothing at a reasonable price, then I'm all for it, but to state they should increase the price to make the clothing line inaccessible to working class, is sheer snobbery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

loike.
    oi boy aye-ber-croim-bee loike becouse its such good quality stuff loike.
    Not because oim just a sheep following other sheep.
    roysh?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    loike.
    roysh?

too focking roysh man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

Some people here have a real chip on their shoulders. Why do you care so much that certain groups of people wear similar brands? All this "I hope knackers wear it so D4s will be shocked and upset" talk seems quite small minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Abercrombie won't be opening up here anytime soon - they don't have any stores outside America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Johnson wrote:
    Some people here have a real chip on their shoulders. Why do you care so much that certain groups of people wear similar brands? All this "I hope knackers wear it so D4s will be shocked and upset" talk seems quite small minded.

Reason being:
    rb_ie wrote:
    ...If they open here, i hope theres a big f*ck off mark up on everything so as to discourage knackers from buying it.

It's not the people saying they hope knackers do wear the stuff so as to piss off D4's that have the problem. They're saying that because the D4's have the gaul to be so snobby by saying they hope the clothes are too expensive for knackers just so they can protect their clique.

THAT is why people might seem to have a chip on their shoulders as you say.
    rb_ie wrote:
    knackers ruin everything.I can practically hear how they'd pronounce it

You make me cringe with frustration at how snobbish you are here. Whatever about "KNACKORS LOIEK". Snobs keeping to their snobbery by all wearing certain types of clothes like dubes or "aber ****ing crombie" whatever that even IS, for example create their OWN cliques wearing the same thing and then have the audasity such as your own ("or-bee_oi-ee, loiek") to render other styles as being totally unacceptable because they don't have an affinity to yours. Pathetic.

I grew up around it and went to school with it on the border of D6 and D4 so I have a very first hand account of the attitudes of some D4's i.e. The cliquey type people dislike. Not all were like that.

The IGNORANCE of some people about clothes is just irritating. God RB I've seen you post on various threads and you sum up so accurately an up themselves d4, it's disgusting. Grafton street is your home most "loikely loiek". You worked in a BT2 ffs (as stated in another post) it's just sickening how on your high horse you are.

And d'ye know what the worst part is? The worst thing about D4'ness is that you don't even know you are one.

I'll probably get banned for a week for this but I really don't care. He was blatantly snobby there and it just sickens me that people are so closed minded.

Im sure you're a great guy otherwise tho :rolleyes:

Ry

Oh well....what can ya do? :D

I'd hope you're not banned for that.

Not too bothered really if I am I'm here long enough to have experienced it before so no biggy just had to get it off my chest as it had built up and up from various posters for the last while. :) No offence.

edit: It was only the For sale forum I was banned from mind you but who hasn't been at one stage or another there :p

Ry

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rb_ie wrote:
    Do ya think?
    However, Animal is opening down there soon enough, so Abercrombie is a possibility.
    If they open here, i hope theres a big f*ck off mark up on everything so as to discourage knackers from buying it.
    haha,seriously you are just too much.i hope to never talk to somebody that thinks like that.
    Oh well....what can ya do?

I'd hope you're not banned for that.
    he is right and nobody to ban him anyways :p

Ry: No offence taken, I took it as you just venting your built-up anger, and it just happened to be me who triggered the release :D
    I could be wrong though....

Tar: Out of curiosity, how often would you visit Dublin?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

during this summer,i was up there about 2 days a week most weeks and i stayed a few weeks up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭TheMurrinator

rb_ie wrote:
    Do ya think?
    Yeah it better be expensive i dont even wnt it to comed to dundrum cos it will be a hit with the nackers seeing as it has nice tracsuit bottoms that they could put bobboins at the end of!

Yeah it better be expensive i dont even wnt it to comed to dundrum cos it will be a hit with the nackers seeing as it has nice tracsuit bottoms that they could put bobboins at the end of!

That's true.

Hopefully it'll just stay as it is now, for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Theres no way there'll be a branch in Dundrum, as someone else said they dont have a single store outside the US and I seriously doubt Ireland would be the first one to get a branch if they were planning it. Check out how GAP went international for how its likely to go if it does happen, stores in London first then other big UK/Euro cities.

And yeah its far better the way it is anyway, I love when someone has a hoodie and you can ask 'so when were you shopping in America' or they can ask you and you can talk about it, its so much more interesting than the usual "I bought it in bt2" story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    loike.
    roysh?

great to see original humour here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Their jeans and shirts are quality. :cool:

Some of the t-shirts are absolute crap.

Wouldn't be caught dead in a hoodie.

So true about seeing someone in a A&F top and asking them where they were in the States. Great icebreaker in a pub/club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

ordered an abercrombie jacket online from NY yest!!! my cousin from NY was over at my house yest and she woz like wearing it in white (the one i ordered was brown) and i just fell in love with this jacket! it cost me $198.00 plus whatever the postage and packaging is gonna cost but i dont care...i got me the coolest jacket!!! :D

ordered an abercrombie jacket online from NY yest!!! my cousin from NY was over at my house yest and she woz like wearing it in white (the one i ordered was brown) and i just fell in love with this jacket! it cost me $198.00 plus whatever the postage and packaging is gonna cost but i dont care...i got me the coolest jacket!!! :D

$198 for a jacket??????????? :eek: WTF? Is it diamond encrusted :confused: wow you must be made of money. Nothing I own is worth more than 120 quid

my coat costs 380e :)
    but then again i won it in a tournament.i would never pay much for clothes at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i cant believe people still buy clothes based on the brand name!

have we not woken up yet?

• Advertisement

some people still care,odd eh....

meh if they want to waste money on names let them go at it,stupid as it may seem to joe soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

Does anyone know roughly how long delivery from the A & F website takes?

And will i be stung for any taxes and stuff when the clothes arrive

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I bought a suede hugo boss jacket recently for €500. :D well worth it imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't forget you're going to be stung for custom taxes.

Never thought much of Abercrombie in US, didn't buy anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just picked this one quote from many on this thread! Heaven help, we need a mew mod in here fast.

BTW, I personally think lots of people buy Abercrombie as it reminds them of their J1 trip to the states.

Plus: How do you pronounce Abercrombie? I've never needed to do this before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Aber-krom-bee

• Advertisement

20LEgend wrote:
    Does anyone know roughly how long delivery from the A & F website takes?

And will i be stung for any taxes and stuff when the clothes arrive

Cheers

The think the last time I ordered it took 11 days to be delivered.

Unless they charged my mom's card for customs tax, I didn't pay any.

However, last time I ordered from AE I'd to pay €48 in customs tax in cash when it was delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

People who wear abercrombie gear should be punched in the face, repeatedly.
    You're no better than the sheep who go around in nike tracksuits!

In fact, knackers are more bearable than the type of person who wears a&f!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

eth0_ wrote:

Why should they be punched in the face because they wear nice,comfortable,clothes?...sounds very jealous to me.

I dont have a clue on what you based your final statement on.clearly knackers are a lot less tolerable than most people, and i really dont think that if a person wears a certain brand of clothing that you can base your opinion of them on that.very nieve imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sangre wrote:
    Aber-krom-bee
    Pretty much as I thought then. Why does a poster think people will have problems pronouncing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

eth0_ wrote:

Did you get snowballed on the face by your bloke and a bit went into your eye?

Why the agro? Sheesh....if you find me a better quality, and better looking hoody than the one i got i sware to god i'll wear that instead. It is layered and unbelieveably durable. It is kick ass.

• Advertisement

I think this is the kind of stuff that pi$$ed eth0_ off
    rb_ie wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

RIGHT.

There will be at least one new mod appointed soon.

In the meantime I'm going to be spending more time looking at this forum because there have been several complaints for different quaters about it.

I don't much like this forum. There's something on boards.ie for everyone, and this isn't one of the bits that are for me.

Guess how much patience I'm going to have with any **** during my reign of terror?

rb_ie banned for being an unbearable prick until whenever the new mod decides to unban him/her.

Talliesin wrote:
    rb_ie banned for being an unbearable prick until whenever the new mod decides to unban him/her.

God I love you Tallie!
    Talliesin wrote:
    RIGHT.

There will be at least one new mod appointed soon.

In the meantime I'm going to be spending more time looking at this forum because there have been several complaints for different quaters about it.

I don't much like this forum. There's something on boards.ie for everyone, and this isn't one of the bits that are for me.

Guess how much patience I'm going to have with any **** during my reign of terror?

I actually asked just yesterday for a moderator here but the mods apparently were already on it! Nicely done. Always on the ball ;)

Ry

Oh yeah, we reached a decision on who should take over ages ago but then the thread descended into distracting smut so the moderators weren't appointed (but really it's because the admins appoint mods and they're busy [but really the thread did descend into smut]).

Hopefully my reign of terror will be short-lived.

A private sex and sexuality forum for the mods only eh? :) I like it!

Yeh I understand two were already picked and they're just awaiting the ceremonial ticking of the access boxes or whatever it is takes place on the admin's puters :)

Ry

Yep, there's loads of smut in the mods forum and hardly any in S&S.

Anyway, back on topic, Abercrombie or whatever you fashion types were talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

electric69 wrote:
    Why should they be punched in the face because they wear nice,comfortable,clothes?...sounds very jealous to me.

Jealous of what exactly? If you're implying I can't afford the horrible preppy boring clothes A&F make, you're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

OK - seeing as this thread refuses to stay on topic, it's locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement