Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing PC Games

Options
  • 16-09-2005 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Ok so i arrived back from darkside (after 36 hours of fun) and i had a day of rest and the next day a pracel arrives for me with my new graphics card and some memory and a gigabyte ethernet card. So im all happy and go right to work on my computer to install all the new stuff, then the first problem turns up apparently my board or any athlon 64 board (not the X2 chips though) is incompatible with ddr2, so thats the first kick in the teeth. So now i proceed to install my old RAM again, now my MoBo has been a bit effy sometimes when it comes to RAM. So i put it in and guess what, the MoBo completely packs in and refuses to work. :mad: So i spend a few days tinkering with it still nothing, so after a long time thinking i decide that ah well i have a guarantee and send it back for repair (more than likely replacement), but its going to take 4-6weeks for that. So now im stuck with the prospect of no gaming for awhile :eek: But i remember ah yes my xbox, thankfully thats there and i happen to have 6 live subscriptions lying about so on goes that. Now im a huge fan of the Halo series and Halo 2, and i love system link games with 16 players and such, but never in my life have a met a bunch of whiney little kids online, live seems to be populated with the same CS:S 12 y.o. kids. So i just thought after another online FFA that i really am missing being able to play BF2, or HL2, or COD etc. Well thats the story so far, and i still have at least 4-6weeks for my MoBo cause no reply from dabs that they've even recieved it, which is getting me a little worried cause i didnt think post from derry would take so long to get to England (1 week btw) . Oh well i was smart enough to insure the parcel. Anywho, back to xbox live. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

That sucks man..ill kill some american scum in Karkand for you :D Death to infidels!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Oh Karkand...gotta love the no aircraft...

Isn't your motherboard's guarantee forfeit after you personally broke it by installing RAM it was not designed to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Zillah wrote:
    Oh Karkand...gotta love the no aircraft...

Isn't your motherboard's guarantee forfeit after you personally broke it by installing RAM it was not designed to take?

Ssssh, they don't know that

Advertisement