Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chips and Chicken

• 16-09-2005 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Ok so Chips and chicken are on the menu.

What else would you add to jazz up this meal? How would you cook it and how would you serve it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Cut potatoes in to 3-4mm thick slices and shallow fry them with a bit of red and black pepper sprinked over them. I've been using rapeseed oil the last few times and that seems to give a nicer flavour rather than vegtable or sunflower oil.

Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp ground coriander seed and 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon and grill till cooked. Slice em up in to strips and server with half a bottle of tomate ketchup (okay that's optional)

I'd probably add beans awell but I just love beans :D I add some oregano, thyme and whatever else I think might be nice from the herbs I have. A few squirts of barbeque sauce (I think the heinz stuff is the nicest, some of the others feel too plastickey.) and cook till it tickens up a bit. Then you have barbeque beans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Garlic sauce goes well with both, if you are lazy.
    Its chicken n chips.
    chips and chicken doesnt sound right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1. Fry the chips.

2. Slice the chicken in strips and marinade with lemon or spicy marinade flavouring, before frying in a pan.

The ULTIMATE chicken and chips meal, I'm drooling right now (haven't eaten since 8am)

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭Resurrection

Salt vinegar and a sh1tload of ketchup. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

As per previous post on food some sweet Chilli sauce dip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cut the chicken into pieces, pat dry, and toss in a mixture of plain flower, pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin and tumeric. When each piece is well coated, deep fry.

Serve deep fried chicken, chips and an enormous green salad with pine nuts and balsamic and garlic vinegarette dressing.

Advertisement