Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Recommendation

• 16-09-2005 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

My mother has decided to delve into the internet and asked me which would be the best broadband package for her

She would only be using it at night time and at the weekends, but she doesnt want the slow ass speed of dial up

Can anyone recommend a provider that does a package to suit her surfing time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

What area of the country are you in?

From what I've heard on here [and I haven't tried all of these providers]

Try either....

NTL
    Clearwire
    Smart
    BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Gah, sorry based in Dublin 22 (Clondalkin)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

check out digiweb.ie....good range of offers especially metro broadband...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Gah, sorry based in Dublin 22 (Clondalkin)
    get BT definetly its been serving me the best ever since I got it. I live in Lucan and my m8 has Eircom in Clondalkin and I get better pings on mine

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This is what you should get in order of preference (each may or may not be available to you):

NTL Cable BB: 1m = €25 (first three months free and free engineer install, equipment).
    Smart BB: 2m = €35 includes line rental
    BT Ireland: 1m = €40 includes line rental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

for me, NTL have been flawless

check them out if their service is available in your area

Advertisement