Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SB Live VAlue drivers

Options
  • 23-08-1999 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I got myself an sb live value but unfortunately the wrong drivers (sb live not sb live value). Went to the site and saw a 28meg d/l of new drivers. Does someone just have the basic windows ones or know a site that has them ? so I dont have to go and d/l a massive 28megs ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McGuire

tsk, tsk
    The SBLive value doesn't have different drivers to the SBLive man. You'll want to get the Liveware 2.0 & 2.1 updates also, thats about 31MB download, use getright or something like that. Or else you put up with the drivers that came with it, its your choice.
    The 2.0 update contains MANY improvements & new features as well, you'd be maaaaaaaaad not to upgrade

http://www.iol.ie/~mcguiret
    System Enhancement, as seen on Planetunreal, Voodooextreme, Bluesnews, Ritualistic, Tweak3d, Qamex & Crimes pingpage.

[This message has been edited by McGuire (edited 26-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

31 megs??!!!

God be with the days of 8bit mono sound cards and 3 floppy disk installations!!!

OK, perhaps not.

But seriously, what does a 31 meg driver dowmload get you??

Just asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

aparently a host of things that can be used by both the live and value live.

i believe it very much worth the download. mind you i sold my sb live for 45 quid, so i dont care smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GlassMan

got me a whole load of crap that ****ed me machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 McGuire

the 31 MB downloads increases the maximum number of simultaneous directsound playbacks from 4 to 32, changes synth voices too. You can now get 1024 at max. Other general fixes as well in it. Anyway, basically if you have that card you'll want to get the updates for it. Its a bit like Quake 2, you'd be crazy not to download the 3.20 update for it.

http://www.iol.ie/~mcguiret
    System Enhancement, as seen on Planetunreal, Voodooextreme, Bluesnews, Ritualistic, Tweak3d, Qamex & Crimes pingpage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement