Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about iAudio X5! Please Help!

• 16-09-2005 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Just a few quick questions bout the Iaudio X5,as im thinkin of purchasing.

1. Whats the difference between the X5 and the XL5?

2. Can you load on data from any computer (ie just plug in and copy on), or do ya need your own computer?

3. Can you copy from your iAudio to another computer?Like, can I copy the mp3s from my iaudio onto a friends computer?

4. Can you copy dvds onto it? Could i,for example, copy each episode from family guy season 1 dvd?

5. If you do copy a dvd, how much space would it take up?

6. Does it show the songs in alphabetical order or album tracklist?

7. does it support .acc format (from an ipod)

8. Could i put pictures/videos from a camerafone onto it?

Answers to any of these questions would be a lot of help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1. Whats the difference between the X5 and the XL5? Battery life, the X5L has a longer battery life but is slightly bigger cause of it

2. Can you load on data from any computer (ie just plug in and copy on), or do ya need your own computer? You just plug it in and drag any files you want onto it

3. Can you copy from your iAudio to another computer?Like, can I copy the mp3s from my iaudio onto a friends computer? Yes

4. Can you copy dvds onto it? Could i,for example, copy each episode from family guy season 1 dvd? You would have to convert it to a format the X5 recognises before it will play on the X5

5. If you do copy a dvd, how much space would it take up? If you took it straight off the dvd it would be 4gb+ but if you convert it 2hrs should fit into 500mb depending on quality settings

6. Does it show the songs in alphabetical order or album tracklist? Not sure

7. does it support .acc format (from an ipod) Not sure, it will say on the website

8. Could i put pictures/videos from a camerafone onto it? As long as they are the right format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

If you wanna convert dvds, you need to get a conversion program. I use iriverter for me h320 and that also works for the x5. I think you might be able to use virtualdub as well but iriverter does me. I have family guy, the movie on the device and it takes up about 200 megs. For a non animated film, expect to see about 600-700 megs at 10 fps. I think the iaudio goes up to 15fps so it's gonna be a little bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

6. Does it show the songs in alphabetical order or album tracklist? It does it alphabetically so if you want things to be in order, you have to number your music tracks accordingly.

7. does it support .acc format (from an ipod) Not as far as I'm aware, things had to be converted and so forth to get them to work.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Exact diff between the X5 and X5L is 14 hours and 35 hours battery life, the X5L is 4mm thicker which may seem a small amount but it is obvious when you put them beside each other, the X5 is that bit more of a pocket fitting player :D I guess if 14 hours battery is enough its best to go for the X5, but there is only 20 euro price diff.

For video recording you can use Jet Audio which is supplied and is excellent software.

In relation to organising your music, its best to do that on your pc first and arrange them all by folder, then copy over to the iAudio. There are various tips and thoughts as to how best do this on - www.iaudiophile.net

Advertisement