Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q&A for the investigation on the 24th

• 16-09-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭

Have a question that needs answering? Post it here!

If you have a question that you don't want posted here, please feel free to send a private message.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just a quick q, will there be power available to us to use, i'm hoping to set up a few radio/cassettes around the place and it'd be nice not to have to run round checking batteries all night, well, I'll have to run round changin tapes all night anyway, but still, mains power would be better. Also I presume some would like to be able to charge cameras/camcorders etc as the night goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

As far as i know the power is being killed off at some stage so we can safely say that there was nothing to interfere with any readings gotten on EMF meters and the likes, but i'm not sure.
    6th

Makes sense, I'll stock up on batteries later so.

As far as EMF meters go, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Vodafone have a mast on top of the castle, will that be a problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

stevenmu wrote:
    As far as EMF meters go, wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Vodafone have a mast on top of the castle, will that be a problem ?

Hmm. Why do you ask? Its not like a twenty thousand volt electromagnetic field surrounding us would interfere with EMF readings now would it...

...crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Yule3

Where is the investigation going to be held?

• Advertisement

Oh come on theres a whole bunch of threads about it if you took ten seconds to actually check.

Charleville Castle...

I have a question!

Costs are mounting, so in an effort to save me a scrap of money I'll be bringing sandwiches and stuff. I presume I could get my hands on a kettle in the castle to make some pot noodles or something? ;)

I've a small camping gas stove thingy which I'm going to bring (just in case we need an emergency fry-up at some stage :) ). I'm sure we can sort out some kind of kettle or metal water container to use on it.

Excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I'm after getting a bad flu today, sore muscles, low energy and shivers. I don't think it's a good idea to go down to a drafty castle in this state, so I'm going to bow out for now, unless my condition improves tomorrow. I'm disappointed cause I've looking forward to this for weeks, feckin flu :(

Sincerely apologise; but if I can't make it tomorrow I will definitely be on the next investigation!

• Advertisement

Zillah wrote:
    Oh come on theres a whole bunch of threads about it if you took ten seconds to actually check.

Charleville Castle...

No need to be sarcastic...I just asked a question.

Kennet I am not be able to make it, you know with college and work commitments. I would have replied to this thread way before now, except my PC has gotten a virus and no longer works, so I hardly get on the net anymore only in between classes on the net cafe which is why I didn't get the time to read over previous threads.

I would love to go to the next investigation if there is ever one.

Yule3 wrote:
    No need to be sarcastic

There was no sarcasm. I truly meant the disdain I showed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Okay, first of all I apoligise for lack of response from my part. I only now just got internet access today.

Okay, and now for the questions...
    Just a quick q, will there be power available to us to use, i'm hoping to set up a few radio/cassettes around the place and it'd be nice not to have to run round checking batteries all night, well, I'll have to run round changin tapes all night anyway, but still, mains power would be better. Also I presume some would like to be able to charge cameras/camcorders etc as the night goes on.

This place has power provided by a generator. It powers the entire castle, with the exception of the lighting, which is powered by the Vodafone generator. You'll be able to charge you phones, camcorders, etc here during the day and for a while, up until a certain time, which I'll inform you guys about on the day.

As far as i know the power is being killed off at some stage so we can safely say that there was nothing to interfere with any readings gotten on EMF meters and the likes, but i'm not sure.

I'm not fully sure presently either, but the majority of stuff should be shut down, lighting is 50-50 at present. I'll be updating this as I get more info.

Simply put, not really. When I was with the PRAI we had no EMF interferance from the mast, and I'll expect this to still be the case.

Where is the investigation going to be held?

It was already mentioned many times before, but it's being held at Charleville Castle in Tullamore, for the benefit of those who weren't sure.

Costs are mounting, so in an effort to save me a scrap of money I'll be bringing sandwiches and stuff. I presume I could get my hands on a kettle in the castle to make some pot noodles or something?

There's a kettle at the castle, so you should be able to use that. Don't worry, it's not the Dark Ages here, we do have many modern conveniences here!

I can't/may not be able to make it due to unexpected circumstances. I'm interested in the next investigation when it's on.

That's terribly unfortunate if you're unable to come, but regarding another investigation, that wouldn't be for a while yet. I'd have to look to see what the story is as such, but when there is another investigation to be scheduled, it'll be posted here. All the same though, please do come to the next investigation :)

That should be all the questions answered, or at least I hope so. I'll be updating this post as I get new info for the old questions. Keep an eye on this post for changes.

Andy

Looks good guys, I'm going to be AFK till tomorrow, if something important comes up, 6th or Kenneth maybe one of you could give me a call. Otherwise I'll see ye at tullamore train station at 12:30.

stevenmu wrote:
    Looks good guys, I'm going to be AFK till tomorrow, if something important comes up, 6th or Kenneth maybe one of you could give me a call. Otherwise I'll see ye at tullamore train station at 12:30.

I'll make a note to call you tomorrow morning while I'm updating my list.

I thought I'd note as well that the prices also includes the €10 membership to the castle as well.

Kennett wrote:
    I thought I'd note as well that the prices also includes the €10 membership to the castle as well.

Well in that case!!!

Pff. Back in the middle ages I'd have killed to be a "member" of a castle. Ah the courtly life...

But these days I can't imagine it'd be so cool...

Well, this castle is only a couple of hundred years old. Also, the membership thing is required, as part of the safety waiver and accessing all areas, I believe. Normal members of the public aren't allowed to stray from the tour area without due cause.

Zillah wrote:
    There was no sarcasm. I truly meant the disdain I showed.

If you really feel that way, then the best thing to do is ignore my posts. The last thing I want to do is to have an argument with you, life is to short for that. Peace. :D

Advertisement