Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art School BBC2

• 16-09-2005 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

Has anyone being watching a programme called Art School, BBC2 every day between 6 & 7. It is very interesting. A group of celebs (ignoring that fact!) are undergoing an intensive art course in 20 days. They are starting from the basics (drawing, charcoal etc.).

Yesterday they went to the Tate Modern to discuss sculpture and Dali's Lobster Telephone. They then had to make their own sculpture's. A debate opened up about art and sculpture. Their work is also judged everyday by an art critic (a turner prize judge).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

yeh i saw the end of it the other day, they weren't bad at the art either, at first i thought it was some nouvelle interior design program because they using paint on rollers! :)

must watch it properly tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

They were doing the ink prints. How does that work? Is it you roll ink on plate glass put the paper on top and your inmage on top of the and then go over your image?

i'm not fully sure how it works as i only caught the end of the program with that in it.

i watched most of it this evening though, there's a lot of modern art/ simplistic images being used, it reminds me very much of a portofolio course i did in Dun Laoighaoire a few years ago.

they were very individual some of the pieces being made on the Canvas, what did you think of the use of acrylics? do you think they wer'e overdone?

some of the pieces were really good ...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Saw the summary of the week of Art School tonight - enjoyed it.

Thought the idea of painting from the chosen look in the perspex box was good.

John H needs to chill out!

the old man was really patronising(was that John H?), and he was such a perfectinoist with his work, he was nearly getting annoyed at the teacher because his work didnt turn out the way he wanted.
    iv never seen anyone get so pissed off over a picture, im suprised he didnt censor himself or something especially as it was on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Yep, that's him. I'd say the producers picked him on purpose to throw a spanner in the works. His point about the wig and melon was justified I thought, but he really needs to relax. Obviously can't stand not being in charge. He is more suited to his programme Mastermind, cos he's the boss! His lobster turned out well. He should look at how relaxed and open-minded Clarissa is.

Advertisement