Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heinze out for Most of the season

• 16-09-2005 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Terrible news for United and the player coming up to the Worl Cup.

Story here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Thats all I've got to say about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

thats a nasty blow for Utd, ye'd think that especially given that he is one of their more consistent performers. When is Wes Brown back, will he be back for the Liverpool game, or would ye say Richardson will play??

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Good God thats shocking news and a real blow for United's prospects this season. Wish him all the best on his recovery.

The sale of Phil Neville is starting to look very costly now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Ah bugger ,love watching his ball /man/ man/ ball style of play.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd imagine Richardson will cover him for now and then John O'Shea will cover when Gary Neville returns.

Bad news for United but, as I'm not a United supporter but an Ireland one, I think its good news for Ireland as O'Shea is now almost definitely guaranteed a starting place for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Once Brown is fit, he could easily take the CB slot and push Slyvestre out to the left.
    O'Shea is still gona have to earn his place, although it'll be a little easier now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    I wouldn't be so sure.
    Once Brown is fit, he could easily take the CB slot and push Slyvestre out to the left.
    O'Shea is still gona have to earn his place, although it'll be a little easier now.

Ferdinand and Sil dont concede many goalsa when playing CB , doubt it be them disrupted.

But very good news for ireland either way.

Can miller play right back :p
    kdjac

I'd be very confident of Ferguson going with O'Shea ahead of Brown, even for CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

While I never like to see a player injured like that, I have to say its so good for Ireland to have O'Shea playing regular first team football.

Id say he quietly went home, closed the door and the curtains, and jumped around the living room :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Thats terrible news, but again it is great for O'Shea. One of their best players, imo, so could be a very costly injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

bad news for united and my fantasy premier league team :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

My neighbours must think i just lost a lotto ticket or something with the amount of cursing i have just done. That's a huge huge blow. I feel really sorry for him, great player who is always getting better.
    Being from waterford i'm glad for Johno and for ireland but now united are a defender short for the season. The only cover is Wes Brown(not really up to it) and Bardsley(unproven). I'm praying now we don't have another injury in the defence. It's gonna be tough against the pool. No neville,heinze or keane.The hard men are out, only a child who thinks he's hard is left,lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PHB wrote:
    **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Thats all I've got to say about that
    Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

A ****ING BOLLOX NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:(:(:(:( :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Excellent news. More footy for Josh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

DubGuy wrote:
    Excellent news. More footy for Josh.

JOSH is already playing regulally at right back. Bad news for United but it will give fergie the chance to see if Pique /Bardsley and a few others are up to it.

Heinze is a big Loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Shame that he is not playing them at the mo and dropping the wingers in there to fill the space, I wonder will Richardson become the next Henry but back the pitch instead of up it, if you know what I mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

F*&^
    F*&^
    F*&^
    F*&^
    F*&^
    F*&^

A disaster.

Spector will be back from Charlton now. He played a few games at LB and looked decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think Spector is an excellent player from what little I have seen of him - hopefully he will get the chance to come in to the first team and prove his worth.

Terrible news for United I was very surprised he was sent back onto the pitch after that injuryhappened. It looked very bad when he first went down but the physio sent him back out there!

Ahead of the Liverpool game as well! :mad:

I used to be a big JOS fan but recently I have lost all faith in his ability. I don't think he is good enough for the United first team and wouldn't have shed any tears if we had sold him during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I think Spector is an excellent player from what little I have seen of him - hopefully he will get the chance to come in to the first team and prove his worth.

Terrible news for United I was very surprised he was sent back onto the pitch after that injuryhappened. It looked very bad when he first went down but the physio sent him back out there!

Ahead of the Liverpool game as well! :mad:

I used to be a big JOS fan but recently I have lost all faith in his ability. I don't think he is good enough for the United first team and wouldn't have shed any tears if we had sold him during the summer.

Mc Shane is another who is out on loan , I,m not sure United can recall their players I suppose it depend son the loan contract.

Yeah O Shea had a good first season was pretty poor last year and is blowing hot and cold this season, He couldn't complete the simplest of passes in Europe midweek and his control wasn't up to much either.He needs to make a decent impact this year or he will be out IMHO.

Richardson become the next Henry but back the pitch instead of up it, if you know what I mean

Richardson the next Henry? somehow I doubt it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

I only bought him for my fantasy league team after last weekend. :mad:

TYVM Heinze for your addition of -6 points to my team ... Has to be one of the worst buys ever.

Anyway, getting back to reality its a shame to see him out for so long. He was Utds best player imho last season for pure consistancy. Never nice to see a player get an injury like that.

O'Shead is a confidence player, like so many young players are. I think his forward runs can be vital to man Utd though. He's already set up a few goals this year and gives good support to whatever winger is playing in front of him.

He didn't look great Wednesday night but neither did most of the United team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Out for the rest of the season I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

is keane back for the pool game? it was on the mirror this morning. ues i know its not a great source but it seemed so sure that keane went through a full training session yesterday.

According to Teletext, he's definitely out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

thanks lemlin,

had my hopes up there for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

I think JOS is a great player anyway. But still terrible news on Heinze. Does anyone think that SAF would put Ferdinand and Keane in CB with Silvestre on the left and JOS on the right?? I know Silvestre has said "he has forgotten how to play Left back" but it could be a possibility, especially for Liverpool match tomorrow

First off Keane is injured. Even if he was back though, I think United need his passion, drive and determination in midfield. He may not be the player he was, age and injury having taken their toll, but he showed last season against Arsenal that he can still outperform the best.

Against the likes of Sissoko, Alonso and Gerrard, they need him. He'd be wasted in defence.

Advertisement