Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any way to re-write a closed cd?

• 16-09-2005 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I've wasted so many blank cd's, it'd be great to have a way to re-open them and re-do them. Anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

EFC-4eva wrote:
    I've wasted so many blank cd's, it'd be great to have a way to re-open them and re-do them. Anybody any ideas?

No, just buy more, there very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

aw, boo, i'm poor. sure there's no way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,500 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Closed CD: If a CD is closed, it is permanently write-protected. No further information can be added to the disc. Closing a CD is analogous to moving the write-protect tab on a floppy disc to the write-protect position. However, unlike floppies, you can only change the write-protect setting on a burned CD once. Once the disc is write-protected (closed), this setting is permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

ok, im defeated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CDRW's ?

At the start of a normal CD is Table of Contents (TOC) , if the CD is setup as a multisession CD then AFAIK you can add further sessions to a CD but each time a new TOC is added to the CD so you loose another 30MB in addition to the data you add. If you close the CD then most devices won't know to go looking for another index or TOC or whatever further down the disk even if you could persuade your PC to write the data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

EFC-4eva wrote:
    aw, boo, i'm poor. sure there's no way?
    Make sure the "Close this disc" box is unchecked before you hit the burn button. Problem solved.

Advertisement