Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final year project

• 16-09-2005 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hello all,
    My final year project title is A survey and analysis of packet delay and loss in a wireless 802.11 lan environment. Please could someone tell how i should approach this, give me some tips etc
    thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pott

"""""""""""google"""""""""""

in the same boat myself, google always works for me : - )

3 shakes is better than a wet leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just google and you will end up linking to so many sites that you will have more info than you could ever use..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Em no harm and I mean this in the nicest way possible - but is your proposal for your project in and has it been accepted because you're well out of date..When you say final year are you talking degree?

Surely you should be looking at WiMax or something a little less explored...

However try google.com but also scholar.google.com - this links to previously written white papers, theses and other educational documents on the web..

Once you've done your basic research and you know the general angle you're going to take - get a table of contents drawn up and stick to it - this will give you clear goals and will break it down nicely into headings - then treat each heading as its own mini-project - much easier...

Each chapter needs an introduction and a summary with a few details headings in between. Also ensure Chapter 1 is dedicated to an insight into the background of wireless/802.11 etc..

Do your own diagrams in photoshop if you have the skills - it will earn you points and will save the credit going to a third party in your biography.

Also take note of EVERY SINGLE site/book/magazine you take material from - The biography took me about 2 days because I didn't and had to trawl through everything again looking for it..

Oh and the golden rule and also the hardest to follow - (i didn't) - start now and dedicate time each week - the rush at the end just sucks.

That should get you started...

Jesus_Thats_Gre can vouch for all of the above I reckon - although I reckon he stuck to the golden rule more - he always seemed more dedicated at college.

Advertisement