Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this UK TV Tuner work in Ireland?

Options
  • 16-09-2005 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Thinking about buying this LCD TV from the UK: LCD . Reading the specs it says: It also includes a remote control, RCA video & audio, S-Video and a built-in antenna connector to accommodate RGB analog input and PAL. " Anybody any idea if this tuner will work in Ireland? I would be using it on basic ntl cable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

TV / Video
    Color system PAL / SECAM / NTSC4,43
    Sound system B/G, I, D/K, L/L'

from the manual here

While it mentions connecting the "CATV" cable to the tuner input there's no mention anywhere about whether its tuner handles both VHF & UHF. Traditionally UK sets came only with UHF tuners that didn't handle our mainly VHF cable system requiring converters to operate. I think nowadays manufacturers have standardised a lot but it would be a good idea to contact Samsung for an accurate answer.

Good luck !

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭hansov

Thanks Zen: Samsung told me that it handles both VHF and UHF. Having a re-think on it tho'. The screen doesn't have a scart socket and while it would suffice for the purpose I need it now (Kitchen), over time I might want to do something else with it by way of a scart cable. I'll keep on lookin'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

hansov wrote:
    Thanks Zen: Samsung told me that it handles both VHF and UHF. Having a re-think on it tho'. The screen doesn't have a scart socket and while it would suffice for the purpose I need it now (Kitchen), over time I might want to do something else with it by way of a scart cable. I'll keep on lookin'. :)

Are you sure ? The manuals Setup Section details the connection options of the set and these options include a SCART socket along with composite and s-video plus audio L&R.

On the .pdf manual I linked to above it's page 17 of 61.

ZEN

Advertisement