Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac OSx [Pre-Tiger], iSync & Nokia 6680

• 16-09-2005 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Recently got my hands on the 6680 [sweet piece of portability if you're considering it, btw] and got very excited about the connectivity potential - but I see on apple.com that iSync 2.x [bundled with Tiger] is the only iSync compatible with the phone, I only have version 1.3 and Nokia don't provide software for Macs. I've googled for it without success, but does anybody know about an app that will allow me to sync my data with my phone. For a few reasons, I'm unable to upgrade to Tiger [namely it's not my own Mac and I can't see my boss shelling the price of an upgrade for my comfort].

I have a PC laptop, and worst comes to worst, I can port my contacts to that but I primarily use the G5 and alot of messing about negates the purpose of having a one touch update function as seen in iSync.

Cheers,

E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

haven't seen it done pre-Tiger, the handset needs the Apple iSync Agent installed and running on the phone (installed as part of the initial iSync 2.x setup with the device) in order to sync properly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you considered upgrading to Tiger? Otherwise give The Missing Sync a shot:
    http://www.markspace.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

There's no Missing Sync available for Series 60 devices.

Advertisement