Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards beers, where are you???

Options
  • 16-09-2005 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

ok, ive just nipped off from the boards beers to post this.

quite a number of us, not many but not few are sitting in the SU bar waiting for other people to turn up.

for anyone whos thinking of turning up, by the way it is manditory :D , you go into the SU bar walk right, then left, then right and its the first "booth" on the righthand side. you'll see people sitting there.

so come on. what are you waiting for!!!! beers n boards... its great craic!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

It's so tempting, my office is driving me mad... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Had no money so went home. Will be there next friday tho..i hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I've just come from the bar, saw the sign on the door and walked around but didnt know where to go! Might go back over now that I have directions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I was there! Albeit briefly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I planned to go but I over slept and missed my first lecture. That left only one lecture to go in for so it wasn't worth goin in.
    Would've liked to have been there.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, there'll be more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Drinking in the afternoon just isnt me. Only had one pint and my and couldnt concentrate in my lecture. Would have gone back but I had to drive ! Pants.

I couldn't really concentrate either. It was an extremely boring microeconomics lecture though. I'm glad I left the bar when I did though, cause just before the lecture ended a guy in the back row stood up and proclaimed "Sorry, but you've just been waffling on for the past forty minutes. Blah blah blah blah blah" and walked out.
    Absolutely hilarious!

I just chickened out! I think I saw Seb and Zane outside but wasnt sure so I didnt want to go up and just make a complete fool of myself with random strangers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

ah nonsense just do it!!!! zane wasn't there while i was and i left about 4:30

And very good of happycrackhead to find out about the forum(damn it i'm gonna keep calling it that!) for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

i think i probably left around the same time as you, did Blondie make it down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

tribulus wrote:
    ah nonsense just do it!!!! zane wasn't there while i was and i left about 4:30

Good thing she didn't go up and start talking to them, then! :p

hehe, yeah true! I do think it was Seb though.... I wish I had gone in, I wouldnt have had to wait for the stupid 17 for like an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

would have loved to have gone!!
    how did it go??
    whens the next one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Glennifer

Debs last night, got back to Blackrock at 7.30am and slept 'til 3 so missed boards beers :( Will come along next time.

On another note I saw Seb on Tues..maybe Wed...in Open room in Daedalus, was 2 comps up but chickened out of introducing myself!

He posted a pic so we could find him!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Didn't make it... had to go to work. I SWEAR I'll make the next one...
    Or you can all just come to the Halo tournament :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Damn I thought I had a stalker for a sec there...

I liked the feeling.

Er... Anyway, yeah twas good fun, it probably was me you saw outside beanyb, I don't really resemble anyone else so it musta been me.

It's a good springboard for regular boards meet-ups though, including HappyCrackHead's slightly ambitious Forum bar idea.

P.S. Mr. Nice Guy didn't show. Why am I not surprised.

Wait....... is stalker comment for BeanyB or me? *confused*

Glennifer wrote:
    Wait....... is stalker comment for BeanyB or me? *confused*
    Both. Equally. Can't have you girls fighting over me or anything.

There's plenty of my gorgeous flowing locks to go around.

• Advertisement

Lol, I think I shall introduce myself next time I spot you in that case, can't have Beany getting a head start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

LOL glennifer i totally misread ur last post as
    ""cant have Beany getting head""
    o the funniness...[or is it tirednes kicking in??]

I was unable to attend also as I was finished at 10 and wasn't in the mood to wait around. :o

I should be at the next one though. :)

Well obviously we can't be having that either ;)

Scraggs wrote:
    LOL glennifer i totally misread ur last post as
    ""cant have Beany getting head""
    o the funniness...[or is it tirednes kicking in??]
    Er... Yes darlin, I think you need a lie-down. Just rest your head for a bit, and then you'll be right as rain (incidentally, what is the point of that saying? Since when has rain ever been right?! :confused: )

Anyway, everyone come along to the next one. Dunno when or where we're gonna have it, but come along anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SebtheBum wrote:

P.S. Mr. Nice Guy didn't show. Why am I not surprised.

Um, 'cos you read my post yesterday evening when I said I couldn't make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

well seen as it was a meet the freshers beers (kinda) did any freshers actually go!!!!

Um, 'cos you read my post yesterday evening when I said I couldn't make it?
    Oh sure, if you wanna focus on the DETAILS. You always do that, and and ya know what, I'm sick and tired of it, and and and...

and SCREW YOU FLANDERS!!!!!

Ah. That made me feel a whole lot better.
    tribulus wrote:
    well seen as it was a meet the freshers beers (kinda) did any freshers actually go!!!!
    Waltons, Rashid and Grimes.

Eh.... That's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SebtheBum wrote:
    Oh sure, if you wanna focus on the DETAILS. You always do that, and and ya know what, I'm sick and tired of it, and and and...

and SCREW YOU FLANDERS!!!!!

Ah. That made me feel a whole lot better.

I'm stunned at your outburst. To see how stunned I am, go here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

that pic's really cute! i have to admit the drinks promotions are very good in the student bar, alot better then cans of bavaria/ Druids, what we have to live on.

had a great time, nice meeting you all :)!

Advertisement