Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speaker Setup Help

• 16-09-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just looking for some help on the best way to set up some speakers that I've just gotten.

The normal setup that I have is fairly standard. 2 turntables into a mixer, into an amp and then from the aux on the amp into the speakers. But these new speakers I have are a setup that I'm not familiar with.

*picture below*

117624b.jpg

Because the new speakers are internally amped I no longer have a need for my standard stereo amp, but that's where I get confused. As you can see from the picture above there are 2 ways I can connect to the speakers. Either through the XLR input, which I don't really want to do, or by the TRS input.

Now if I was to do it through the TRS input (¼" jack) I would imagine the way I would do it would be from a Phono to Headphone jack taken from the Master out on my Mixer.
    Now that's where the problem lies. How do I connect the the 2 speakers to each other?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

B.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

me mate has 2 active speakers just like that, i'll give him a ring later. there built like submarines those active speakers, quality

i'd imagine you dont need to connect the 2 speakers together though...

Advertisement