Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maddest bus-lane yet??

• 16-09-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen the new road markings on that road from the British Embassy all the way to Baggot St - looks like they are planning on putting a bus lane on it?? The damn thing is too narrow for cars already, and the volume of traffic on it is horrendous, and they want to put bus lanes onto it?? Can't believe it!!

What sort of moronic eejit came up with this bright idea??

Or maybe I will drive into work on Mon morning and it will all have been a bad dream....

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Or maybe I will drive into work on Mon morning and it will all have been a bad dream....

Or maybe get the bus to work instead? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Yes your seeing the birth of the Rock rd QBC all the way through to Ballbridge.
    It looks like cars will be reduced to one lane in places and also cycle lanes are a coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Nearest bus is a good mile and a half from where I live and also tend to use the car a lot while working - otherwise I would get the bus.

What I can't understand is that the Dart line pretty much runs parrallel to the Rock Road all the way, so why bother sticking in another bus lane?

Those evil big blocky white line are definitely progressing on the road. In terms of putting in a bicycle lane - great idea, but I think you would want to be nuts to cycle in on that road, it's just too narrow.

Anyways - looks like a done deal at this stage...see they have also added a lovely purple ramp type thing on that turn off by Jurys? What purpose does that have? Complete waste of money. Meantime the lights at the cross-roads of Baggot Street and Fitzwilliam St still do not have any little green man on them...moronic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Its going to be interesting to see whens its all done.
    Very hard to get dart passengers to swap for the bus, huge improvements required there.
    As for the die-hard cyclists, extremely narrow - dont think some of them care at times!

Advertisement