Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

mobilerepair.de

• 16-09-2005 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used them? Whats their service like in general?

Jozi

EDIT: The reason im asking is because its a month now since i ordered 2 phones and still nothing. I emailed him a few times and all i keep getting is that all the resellers are sold out of them and they are hard to get. :mad: I dont know if this is genuine or not hence my question if anyone has ever dealth with them before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I ordered my K750i with them as at the time I ordered it [end of May] it was over 50euro or so cheaper then anywhere else.

There were many problems I have to admit, granted there was a 2 week delay with suppliers due to the Sony Ericsson firmware feck up at the start but it still ended up taking 3 months for the phone to arrive and constant emailing. But in the end, I have to admit it did arrive.

Tbh, would have been better waiting a couple of months and ordering it from expansys.ie when their prices had dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

That doesnt sound to re-asuring :(
    I wonder can i get my money back and go else where.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i ordered a k750i and its been over 4 weeks now and he sounds very un professional.so i wouldnot recommend it even though its cheaper

Tbh, expansys.ie were very well prices last time i checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

They still work out at 389 delivered compared to Expansys at 460 for a k750i
    Thats 70 Euro of a difference!
    Anyway, there have been major problems with Sony Ericsson stocks in Germany recently. I know this as a business associate of mine is waiting for delivery of some items for a few weeks now, but hopes to have it under control in the next few days

Hope that helps you guys out also!

• Advertisement

I priced expansys at just under 350 there a couple of weeks ago and i'm sure of it.

Took me just over three months to get mine and it did take several angry emails tbh.

I got an email saying its looking likelly he's finally getting a shippment this week so hopefully ill have the phone soon.

Jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

drdre wrote:
    i ordered a k750i and its been over 4 weeks now and he sounds very un professional.so i wouldnot recommend it even though its cheaper

As someone involved with a very large order for a client who is a big well known name in the business for K750i and W800i, I can report that SE is keeping supplies of these handsets tight to keep prices high and also due partly to not having foreseen the demand for them.

They have also threatened companies seeking to import stock from abroad, saying that their network customers are at the top of the list in terms of priority. My guess is that a company like Mobilerepair may be buying from a wholesaler who will not exactly be high on the list for stock allocation.

As an example, Vodafone UK ordered 50k and are getting 5k...

My colleagues and I had hoped to clinch a deal to open the door to a big client and Sony Ericsson have buggered it up for us, so I feel your pain and then some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Just as an update, if it is of any interest to anyone regarding the K750i and W800i, my colleague in the UK met our man in Sony Ericsson on Friday and again over the weekend and they are not budging on their position, so smaller retailers are going to be feeling the effects of this I would have thought.

Stocks are quite scarce from certain retailers and those that do have them will have them at high prices.

guys did u recieve ur phones from mobilerepair as i ordered a k750i nearly 2 months ago and still didnot get it.this guy is a joke as now he isnot even replying to my emails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i ordered a memory card from him. heard nothing for three weeks so i emailed him. he said it must have been lost in the post and he'd send out a new one. arrived today. got what i wanted in the end but i dont think ill use the site again

u are right u will get it at the end but then its tooooooooo :mad: late.as i paid nearly 6-7 weeks ago for a k750i.

its just ridiclous

guys just to let you know.donot use this guy as i STILL havenot recieved my k750i after atleast 10 weeks.he is just being a ignorant fcuk

Same here, not sure how log it is.
    I've been mailing him at least 2X per week, so far all i have is that he has 1 phone and is waiting for a second before sending it of.
    Apparentlly only large suppliers where getting the phones and smaller ones left without stock???

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

On that note on only big suppliers get large amounts that is true.I read this a while ago on this forum.I cant remember exact figures but vodafone wanted let say 55,000 handets and only got 5000 or somthing on the lines of that.So a mobilerepair.de wouldn't be high on the priorty list.There is a massive demand for these so it will be hard to get them anywhere even online.So it isnt really mobile-repairs fault there is a backlog.But also he should of warned customers that there would be a huge waiting time due to the demand.

I wouldn't judge the website on that but a notice or something should of been placed.If you are really bothered get your money back and go elsewhere.

Well there's my two cents

Got an email from him today, from what i can make out he has sent the order my way :D about time to order was made august 14th :eek:

Jozi

Finally today the 27th a k750 has arrived at my home address, im in dublin so havent seen it yet.
    I'm glad i trusted this guy, well he was true to his word anyway.
    I'm still waiting on a second handset for a mate, maybe this week or next week :D well i hope so anyway.
    Eind goed al goed :D

Jozi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Got my k700i and k750i from them.
    No problems with the k700i apart from being sent via GLS:eek: :eek: instead of UPS. Of course GLS made a hash of everything but it was Lars that hounded them not me.

Had the same early release delays(couple of wks) with the k750i.
    Worth the delay seeing that i ended up with a working k750 and not one of those first batch handsets that were dropping like flies.

For the price he has on certain new models I'd go back a third time.

STILL havnot got my k750i from him so i asked for my money back which took ages but got it at the end:D

drdre wrote:
    STILL havnot got my k750i from him so i asked for my money back which took ages but got it at the end:D
    Same here :(

I did get 1 phone of him thou (of 2 ordered)

I wont be buying a single thing again from him thats for sure

• Advertisement

i wonot be buying anything from him again as hes no help.i know hes cheap but i got a k750ifor 180 brand new where as i paid him 285 nearly 4 months ago.
    how could he not get a k750i in 4 months i cannot believe that:mad:

Advertisement