Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks El action

• 16-09-2005 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

16 September 2005
    Shelbourne - Waterford United 20:00
    Bohemians - Derry City 19:45
    Bray Wanderers - UCD 19:45
    Drogheda United - St Patrick's Athletic 19:45
    17 September 2005
    Finn Harps - Shamrock Rovers 19:45
    18 September 2005
    Longford Town - Cork City 19:00

Home win , away win, draw,home win (Fahey to score) home win,draw.

Is the season over yet?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

66' Bohemians 2 - 2 Derry City
    66' Bray Wanderers 0 - 1 UC Dublin
    66' Drogheda United 0 - 0 St. Patricks
    51' Shelbourne 4 - 0 Waterford U.

kdjac

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 16
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians 2-3 Derry City 7.45
    Ward 38, 60 Farren 26, 85
    McGlynn 66

Bray Wanderers 0-1 UCD 7.45
    McWalter 53

Drogheda United 1-1 St Pat's Ath RES
    Robinson 90 Doyle 77

Shelbourne 5-0 Waterford Utd 8.00
    O'Neill 16, 49 Waters s/o 50
    Byrne 27, 39, 45

Why does god hate us this season :(

Bohs derry game was entertaining, but did TG4 say FARREN was MOTM and give the award to FARRELLY at the end?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KdjaC wrote:

Why does god hate us this season :(

God's a Shels fan, he doesn't hate you he feels sorry for you... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Just back from Tolka, weird weird weird game. Waterford, first off, were DIABOLICAL. A disgrace to the league. Never mind not even having a shot on goal, they only touched the ball in Shels half on a handful of occasions. Jason Byrne scored a great hat-trick, one super header, one lucky header and one bicycle kick that will be a contender for goal of the season.

Gary O'Neil got two good goals too. Wes-o was majestic in the first half, the guy has been worth the cost of the season ticket on his own this season. No EL player I have seen even comes close to this guy when it comes to talent and potential. Should definitely be in the Ireland squad at this stage.

The game was weird, however, as I came away extremely disappointed. Shels should have won 9 or 10 nil, and thats not an exaggeration. They hit the post and Holden made a great save from a free-kick that Byrne took. Didn't actually see the red-card offence but my brother said it wasn't deserved. Waterford didn't play any better after the red card, they still sat back, but Shels played worse. Chambers came on and was ineffective, and Bobby Ryan was fairly poor all night other than the assist for Byrne's bicycle (I think). Heary was poor, the two centre backs were decent but not really challenged, Cahill was ok, Ndo was fairly quiet, Crawford looked alright.

I can't believe I'm so "meh" after a 5-0 win!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Disappointed with 5-0. You greedy bollix :p

Waterford have not won a match since April or something. Thats really amazing. For the past 2 years they have been a top half of the table team and in the space of 3 weeks they sold half their squad and let their manager go to America. :rolleyes:

Derry match was excellent end to end stuff.

Bohs seemed to be a bit predictable up front and defensively Palmer and Oman were carved open on several occasions. The Bohs midfield was on top for most of the game though.

Alan Murphy is the type of player Bohs could do with.

• Advertisement

Walking out the door on the way to the game I predicted 5-0, and I really can't explain how disappointed I am! Its crazy! I've been a football fan all my life, and I cant believe it. I know I'm not the only one either, I heard a few others saying the same thing on the way out the gate at the end. A ridiculously poor second half, and the first half wasnt amazing either.

4 great goals and one lucky one, thats all I'll take from this. I can't wait to hear what any of the other Shels fans have to say.

Waterford are doomed, seriously. The gulf in class between a poor Shels side and them was at least 5 goals, that says it all really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Ryan poor? He set up three goals and was outstanding!

I was delighted with it. We played around, kept the ball away from them and made the gap in class between us show at all times. We retained the ball, everything we should have done in Europe as we played everyone we should have done in Europe, mainly thanks to injuries. Took the foot off the pedal a bit after the 5th yet still could have scored more and were the only side to look like scoring.

Cannot fathom why you're disappointed, though to say Waterford were shocking would be some understatement alright.

At least Fahy didnt score :)

Ehh disappointed with a 5-0??? That would be ok if you were like 45 points clear but being 3rd its kinda weird.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

They probably still think they are superior to the eircom league.We are rosenborg 14 titles in a row kind of club in the making yadda yadda yadda.

Eh, yeah of course I still think we're superior, I'm an arrogant Shels fan. My brother, who came with me and is a Pats fan, agreed that it was a poor game and that Shels weren't great.

Slash/ed, the only reason Shels looked good is because Waterford were just disgraceful. Any team above them in the league and we would have struggled.

KdjaC I'm not disappointed with winning 5-0 obviously, I'm disappointed with some of the individual performances and the second half.

d22ontour maybe if you read my post you could see that I was disappointed with the performance, not the result. I regularly post here about Shels and haven't said anything other than fair play to Cork and Derry, either of them deserve the title this season, we don't. I've completely supported Cork in Europe this season too.

Superior? Not a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Unfortunately Palmer and Oman are not the solution at centre half for Bohs, and we are going to continue shipping goals until one or both of them are replaced. Palmer is a Rovers boy through and through and is not interested in playing for Bohs, while Oman just doesn't seem to have any awareness or positional sense, whatever about his pace, heading and heading ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Huge psychological boost for Derry last night. The fact they have replaced City at the top of the table could be massive. True, City have 2 games in hand, but they are away to both Longford and Harps.

The more I think of it, the more certain I am that this league race will come down to the last day at Turners Cross.

gimmick wrote:

The more I think of it, the more certain I am that this league race will come down to the last day at Turners Cross.

I hope so too, how was prague?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

gimmick wrote:
    Huge psychological boost for Derry last night. The fact they have replaced City at the top of the table could be massive. True, City have 2 games in hand, but they are away to both Longford and Harps.

and tom mcnutly making a shock come back :P

KdjaC wrote:
    I hope so too, how was prague?

kdjac

Ill post over in the City prague thread now. Suffice to say, mental!

gimmick wrote:
    Ill post over in the City prague thread now. Suffice to say, mental!

There looked to be a fair few City fans worse for the wear at the match alright.

24 hr Hard Rock cafe. About €1 (30czk) a pint. Go figure ;):p

gimmick wrote:
    24 hr Hard Rock cafe. About €1 (30czk) a pint. Go figure ;):p

:eek: If the pints were €1 I shudder to think how cheap the infamous Czech vodka was.

Didnt go near. No need. A few fellas thought that they could do Absyinth for the night alright, but they were all found asleep in various nooks and crannies!

Ill put my little tour guide up in the travel section later. Oh, and I HATE (O)Irish Bars.

Harps 3 - 0 Shams

Harps have something of a hex over Rovers this season it would seem. Bigger pressure on Waterford now, as they are bottom with 2 games more played than Harps. Cheerio it seems.

Sligo 2 - 0 Kilkenny
    CHF 1 - 0 Athlone

Looks like there is no stopping Sligo on their way up. Should be an interesting game on Friday when they play CCFC at the Cross.

Cork City travel to Longford this evening. This could be a huge game. Shoudl City lose, they stay 2nd for 2 weeks. How big a psychological blow that will be remains to be seen.

• Advertisement

Longford dont even leave their half for penos so i expect a draw, a boring 0-0 all draw.

We trying to get the FAI to end all games in the 85th minute , reckon we be in the toto place if that was the case :(

kdjac

0-0 ht at Flansiro.

Id be happy with a point, ecstatic with 3!

0-0 FT. Shockingly poor match. Neither team looked that interested Im told. At least we are top of the league again on goal difference, and with a game in hand, so Derry still have to do the chasing.

Longford Town have scored 22 goals in 25 appearences. And they are 4th in league.

And Alan Matthews claims that Summer Soccer is killing attendences. :rolleyes:

I think its clear that Longfords sh1te football is the cause of their lack of full houses. :mad:

To be fair, they are playing effective football. Look at the European Champions, they have played 4 league matchs, conceded 0, and scored one, from a deflected set piece.

And for Matthews, he may have a point, from a Longford point of view. Today, the Longford county final was played at 3pm, which would have taken an awful lot of their sporting public. And for Longford to get a full house, they would need 6000 people at their games, that 1 in every 6 people in the county. Never going to happen.

Today is september the 18th, a change to winter football would not have magically removed that clash. Applehunter is correct, it is the football they play that has crowds so low.

Dare I say it, a glimmer of hope for shels!? :D

Very very unlikely, but I'm very confident of second place now. We're playing very well atm.

Slash/ED wrote:

Very very unlikely, but I'm very confident of second place now. We're playing very well atm.

At whose expense, the irrepressible Derry or hard to beat cork?

kdjac

The not quite so irrepressible Derry. Sure they drew with Pats and were lucky to do so, they must be muck :)

We're 9 points behind Derry, but if we win our next two league games, it's 3 points behind with the same amount of games played.

Slash/ED wrote:
    but if we win our next two league games, i

Playing us next friday , i actually expect to get a point from the game..... 1st time in a while though that vs you lot :d

kdjac

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    To be fair, they are playing effective football. Look at the European Champions, they have played 4 league matchs, conceded 0, and scored one, from a deflected set piece.

Is that sarcasm?

Advertisement