Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum access request + searching disabled

Options
  • 16-09-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

One of the most common ways for a potential sponser to check the character of a potential soccer forum person was to do a search of the posters previous posts. If there was no history of trouble etc then a potential sponser could be more sure of sponsering someone.
    Now that the searching function is disabled, how is anyone supposed to check on someone's post history? (obvious that I'm looking for access at the moment :rolleyes: ).

Can this be done using google? (even if it can chances are potential sponsers won't go to the hassle of doing this)?

Any suggestions?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Use google. :)

I'm not sure if anyone does check a poster's history, or if they sponsor them based on whether they'd seen them about. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

History usually, sometimes when they say they would talk about what teams that they supported

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Google: Put the poster/word you want to search and after it "site:boards.ie" (without the ")

If you can't be bothered checking the person or don't recognise them as someone you trust then don't sponsor them, simple really.

Last time I looked at the soccer request board it seemed as though most people got sponsors by naming their team and pleading for other fans of same team to get them in. Not a great way to decide if someone is a muppet or not IMO.

Advertisement