Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubbin in cork on a thursday?

Options
  • 16-09-2005 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Its my mates birthday in a few weeks, he's 24, and a few of us are going down to cork to it. but we don't want to be dragged to havana browns cos we thought it was boring the last time. any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Thursday nights is students nights so everywhere will have lots of people. Try the Savoy on Patrick St this time or else Club One near the GPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Savoy doesn't open thursdays. Dunno if rafters will be back open, never really liked it much myself. Does anyone know anything the new club opening across from the raven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

one upside of rafterz however is that you can buy cans of beer there which works out much much cheaper than a pint in most clubs.

a valid reason as any if you're a broke student!

i don't know if its open yet though. usually closed when college isn't on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Reardens!! Muwahahahaha!

Erm no....let's see....Club One maybe?

blu bamboo has its fans on a thursday night, i hate the place though these days been dragged there one to many times for comfort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ClareBear wrote:
    Club One maybe?

Ahh yes, the only club in Cork that actually require people to wear shiny tracksuits and expensive runners. Also the only club in Cork I've ever been witness to a girl being punched full force in the face by a male in her group. Classy joint!

Dude Mangans is the dodgy club....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

rymus wrote:
    Ahh yes, the only club in Cork that actually require people to wear shiny tracksuits and expensive runners. Also the only club in Cork I've ever been witness to a girl being punched full force in the face by a male in her group. Classy joint!

I haven't been to a nightclub in Cork in over a year so I don't really know what Club One is like, it was the only one I could think of without laughing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Club One really is an overcrowded hole. I don't mind BluBambu - at least you can dance there and it's spacious. DON'T go to club one if you hate huge packed crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

D-Generate wrote:
    Dude Mangans is the dodgy club....

Theyre all feckin dodgy, just in varying degrees of dodgyness

• Advertisement

If you want dodgy the pav is the place to be, or club renaissance (sp?) as it is called now! Ya i think its safe to say all the clubs in cork are holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

I agree Dimitiri

Ah well Mangans and Renaissance are on the same street so its just one to avoid.

I dont think it was the wisest planning move to have a bar and two night clubs all exiting onto one of the narrowest streets in the city. Its like clock work, turn half two and there is a figh down careys lane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭axel90

i disagree with last statement everyone knows the fights rage from club one on a thursday out onto south mall

Advertisement