Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks pl action.

• 16-09-2005 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Barclays Premiership
    Aston Villa v Tottenham, 17:15 Away Villa were poor vs Wham
    Charlton v Chelsea, 15:00 Draw ?
    Fulham v West Ham, 15:00 Away win
    Portsmouth v Birmingham, 15:00 Draw
    Sunderland v West Brom, 15:00 Home win, if not well rightly buggered.

Sunday, 18 September 2005
    Barclays Premiership
    Blackburn v Newcastle, 14:00 Away win
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:00 Away win
    Man City v Bolton, 16:00 Home win
    Wigan v Middlesbrough, 15:00 Home win

Barclays Premiership
    Arsenal v Everton, 20:00 Home win by about 238946928746

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Right I'll go with

Barclays Premiership
    Aston Villa v Tottenham, 17:15 Draw
    Charlton v Chelsea, 15:00 Sneaky away win
    Fulham v West Ham, 15:00 Draw
    Portsmouth v Birmingham, 15:00 Away
    Sunderland v West Brom, 15:00 Away win.

Barclays Premiership
    Blackburn v Newcastle, 14:00 Home, Bellamy to score
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:00 Draw, no Heinze
    Wigan v Middlesbrough, 15:00 Draw
    Barclays Premiership
    Arsenal v Everton, 20:00 Home win by about 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Barclays Premiership
    Aston Villa v Tottenham, 17:15 Away 0-2
    Charlton v Chelsea, 15:00 Chelsea (they just can't help it 0-1)
    Fulham v West Ham, 15:00 Draw 1-1
    Portsmouth v Birmingham, 15:00 Pompey 1-0
    Sunderland v West Brom, 15:00 Draw 0-0

Barclays Premiership
    Blackburn v Newcastle, 14:00 Away 0-2
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:00 Draw 1-1
    Man City v Bolton, 16:00 Home win 1-0
    Wigan v Middlesbrough, 15:00 2-2

Barclays Premiership
    Arsenal v Everton, 20:00 3/4-0

Spurs to beat Villa seems a good bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

unlucky for sunderland. in the lead since the 7th minute with a GARY BREEN (:o) goal only to concede the equaliser in stoppage time. not lookin good at all. too good for the championship, not good enough for the premiership!

Chelsea got a decent enough win. Charlton were looking good up until Crespo got the first goal. nice header. Then Charlton fell apart and let the 2nd one in 5 minutes later. Thpough it was kinda the expected result of that game.

THe Villa - Spurs game was a godd one. Villa taking the lead after 4 minutes through Milner. Defoe missed a penalty!! My god! i bet Jol is kickin himself! All the more reason for Robbie KEane to debate for him getting a regular starting place rather than the sub appearance he got today and SCORED on!! Spurs were hammering Villa the whole 2nd half and it was inevitable they were gonna get the equaliser. Also, did anyone see after the whistle, Jol was walking off with his arm aorund Defoe while Keane walked into the tunnel by himself? Guess whos the favourite there! Jol even started that Staltieri bloke instead of Keane! Ah well, roll on the January transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I missed today's so here's my opinion on tomorrows:

Blackburn v Newcastle, 14:00 Home win, Bellamy to score (hopefully!!)
    Liverpool v Man Utd, 12:00 Draw
    Wigan v Middlesbrough, 15:00 Away win

Barclays Premiership
    Arsenal v Everton, 20:00 Home win

Probably the biggest tie of the weekend is Liverpool vs United for most people but for me its Blackburn vs. Newcastle. Souness is coming back to Ewood and so many people have old scores to settle with him.

Most notably Bellamy. Everyone knows the history that is there. It's a pity Andy Todd is missing the game too, I'm sure he would of loved to settle their falling out.

The Blackburn fans will be eager to see Blackburn hopefully put one of the final nails in Souness' coffin. I'm hoping it goes that way, whether Bellamy scores or not.

Either way, I'm still predicting that Souness will be gone from Newcastle by January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

What a goal Keane scored today.
    superb skill and technique!
    He really needs to be playing football week in week out, if he isn't by christmas he will be gone in January.
    Defoe didn't look great, should have squared the ball to Keane about 5 minutes from the end when Keane was unmarked at the edge of the box, tried a sneaky shot to the near post instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Goal of the season from Keane, but I bet Jol still picks Rasiack ahead of him next Premiership game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The_B_Man wrote:
    Jol even started that Staltieri bloke instead of Keane! Ah well, roll on the January transfer window.

Yes, that's an absolute ****ing disgrace after making Keane stay over the summer. All though in fairness he did play well. :o

But still, Keane has done enough to deserve his chance in the starting team, despite Jol's preferred direct style (which hampers spurs imo, as their squad is full of extremely talented players, particuarly in midfield, and a front 2 of keane and defoe, which warrents attemptig a swift, consiece approach ala Arsenal when they were good!. :p)

But a fantastic goal from Robbie, and wasn't it great to see the release of frustration on his face!! I think it was even some stress relief for me too.

Anyway, Robbie only has himself to blame for never getting his game no matter how well he plays if he's still there after January. Jol has lied to him on at least 2 occasions now about promising him first team oppertunitys.

It has become abundantly clear that he sees him as a back up player, and sees him having more value on the bench than the cut price he would get if he sold of probably as little as 6 mill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jol has always made it clear that he likes to play a 'little and large' strikeforce. He doesn't believe that Keane and Defoe can play together.

Hopefully Robbie will get a move to somewhere like Everton in the January window. He'd be appreciated there. Even a move to Newcastle, as rumoured before, would suit him now.

I'd be thrilled to see him at Blackburn but we wouldn't have the money. He's had a very stop-start career, I had really hoped he'd settle at Tottenham but it hasn't gone that way at all.

Advertisement