Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access member webspace

Options
  • 16-09-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing this is related to server b0rkage? Or maybe it's exclusive to me...
    Members - Manager - Error

Can't open user database

Please press 'back' and fix the problem.

when i put in my username(lowercase) and password.

EDIT: i also tried to have my password emailed to me, and got the same message.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

borked for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

im unable to access it also

however it is still serving material that I have hosted there images etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Can't log in either, even going down the forgotten password track gives this error:
    Password - Error

Can't open user database

Please press 'back' and fix the problem.

Good thing I'm too busy tonight to care, or I'd... I'd... you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd imagine that this is a symtom of the current server problems and that it'll be fixed when the new servers come online.

I would have imagined that too, if it hadn't been working during the week, however on the other hand, I couldn't give a ****.

My indignation was only mockery :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Baz_ wrote:
    I would have imagined that too, if it hadn't been working during the week, however on the other hand, I couldn't give a ****.

Search was also working during the week yet that is now unavailable. The clue is also in the error message "Can't open user database". The database in question may be offline because the server that stores it is down or because it's non-essential and has been taken off-line to increase performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the webspace, with our hosted pages seems to be down now, im getting an operation timed out when contacting members.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Aye, my sig has disappeared.
    It's just a += which looks silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is there a time limit on the post EDIT function? I'm trying to change a link to members.boards.ie but there is no Edit button on my post

Seven Worlds will Collide

Some forums simply don't allow you to edit your posts at all, I'm guessing the post you want to edit is in one of them, as I don't believe there is a time limit.

Can you post the link in a seperate post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Is there a time limit on the post EDIT function? I'm trying to change a link to members.boards.ie but there is no Edit button on my post

48hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks Baz_ and Ruggie

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement