Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opel Astra. Go Drive.

Options
  • 16-09-2005 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

In May this year I paid my local Opel dealer a €5000 deposit on a new Astra Sport Hatch SRI 1.9 CTDi. With all the extras it came to €36,000+. My dream car!. I signed a contract that included an estimated delivery date of 8 weeks form the date of signing.

Towards the end of this period the dealer rang me to say that delivery would now not be 8 weeks, but 12. Towards the end of this extra period I got another phone call to say the delivery date had been put back again, this time till Sept 12.

I rang him on Sept 6 just to make sure there was no more surprises. No such luck. He told on this date that, in fact, he now had no delivery date at all. He said he would ring me back today, Sept 16 with a definite date for delivery.

Well he did ring today, to tell me that they haven't got any SRI models left at all and will not have any till February 2006 at the earliest.

He also said that the contract will now be cancelled and that I should call into to him to get my deposit back.

That was it. No explanation, no apologies. Hard luck, and goodbye.

It's too late in the year now to order a new car, so I will have to wait till next year when my current car will have lost nearly €2000 of it's trade in value, the prices of new cars will have gone up and I will already repaid 8 months of the car loan with nothing to show for it.

Thanks a million Opel for 5 months of messing around and wasting my time.

Opel Astra. Go Drive. Go fcuk, if your a customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

They sent me back my deposit today.

Advertisement