Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discuss How Excellent Mike Patton Is and Who he Should Collaborate With

• 16-09-2005 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Mike Patton is hyper excellent, I think. What are your favorite projects with him? The album I enjoy most is Mr. Bungle's California. It's the best fusion album I've yet to hear. Who do you think he should work with?

I'd like to see Patton and Steven Drozd from The Flaming Lips. Patton like Bacharach a lot and is known to cover his songs and cites him as an influence. Together, Patton and Drozd could make a great album with all sorts of crazy bastard instrumentation and push the the limits of Patton's vocals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Faith No More please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 guns n ammo

i dont think his work with bjork was properly consumated.medulla was a bit of a let down.
    id love to here him do some bacharach stuff.
    anybody heard the "romances " album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

symbolic wrote:
    Faith No More please

Faith No More were so awful that I wouldn't listen to any of Mike Patton's other stuff for years, how I was misled! I love Fantomas and quite enjoy Mr Bungle and Tomahawk.

John2 wrote:
    Faith No More were so awful

Thats mad that you didnt like them, different strokes and all that.

I loved them, and to see them play live would be the best thing ever for me, went to see Fantomas but ... meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

What I find amazing is that Patton has this huge range of styles that he can perform under that even dedicated fans can hate entire bodies of his work. I don't know what it was about Faith No More but for the life of me I can't see the attraction.

I think a lot of Faith No More fans went to Fantomas expecting more of the same because the place cleared out after about three or four songs.

• Advertisement

John2 wrote:
    I think a lot of Faith No More fans went to Fantomas expecting more of the same because the place cleared out after about three or four songs.

yeah i reckon they did. I knew the stuff, listen to the cd's now and again, just found it hard to stand and watch it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It's gotta be Faith No More for me, although I do enjoy a bit of Mr Bungle and the Fantomas now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keith Whitener

Romances with Kaada is interesting. It's Patton singing over a bed of instrumentation that's seperate from his singing. The two are on different levels and they are easy to discern.

Advertisement