Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ken Kennedy!!

• 16-09-2005 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

This guy is brilliant, fact! I'd say he'll do well in the business. He cracks me up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

There is a great Kennedy backstage promo up on wwe.com at the moment. I am surprised they let him use the second rope rolling samoan as his finisher as well. Cool move and he has a lot of charisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Ken Kennedy is great

his bit with Booker T's wife was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

There is a great Kennedy backstage promo up on wwe.com at the moment. I am surprised they let him use the second rope rolling samoan as his finisher as well. Cool move and he has a lot of charisma.

It's a cool move alright but I wonder if he will be able to perform it on some of the heavier athletes? There's always the chance it could go wrong and he could take a serious bump right on top of his head and destroy his neck. He certainly looks the part and could go a long way.

It's great to see some new YOUNG talent coming through along with the likes of Carlito, Trevor Murdork, Lance Cade, Rob Conway and perhaps even Chris Masters. If Masters can improve his in-ring work and mic skills he could be a major draw in a couple of years time. His match with HBK will be interesting at Unforgiven from the point of view of seeing whether or not he can actually pull off a decent match. I just have a gut feeling that he needs a bit more training before he is going to be a genuine contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Yeah, I can't see Mark Henry propped up on his shoulders any time soon! Add big Vito to that list as well - He is far from new like some of the others mentioned but he is an entertaining believable wrestler, which is something the WWE are lacking.

Paul Birchall has been excellent as well and introduced naturally as opposed to forced onto the public like certain others. British wrestling will surely receive a big boost from his succes if he keeps on at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I don't think Ken Kennedy is all that great.

What's his gimmick? Talking on his way to the ring? He'll need more than that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

What's his gimmick? Talking on his way to the ring? He'll need more than that...

It's a hell of a lot better than half the stiffs with no talking skills whatsoever and who aren’t allowed within 20ft of a mic.

It is pretty much ripping off the old Roadogg routine, but then again he was ripping off Michael Buffer in the first place.

Plus as was already said, he has good in ring skills as well, and a new guy with both wrestling and mic skills is a rarity in WWE today.

And Vince sure likes him, see the 6th paragraph of this article (sorry if there's pop ups, they are usually harmful)...

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=15264/articles/news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Out of a lot of the new influx of wrestlers trying to make it on the roster I find Ken Kennedy one of the more entertaining. Good mic skills and not half bad wrestler from his first few matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

His last name is Kennedy, Vince gave this name to him as it's Vince's middle name and they are looking at pushing his guy all the way to the top.

By the way Vince McMahon turned 60 a few weeks back! Viny Mac getting old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't think Ken Kennedy is all that great.

Well, I haven't watched wrestling in over a year and while flicking through the stations he caught my attention. I think he's accomplished his mission. He's got great charisma, looks like he's a decent wrestler too.. That goes along way in the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I agree he has charisma but I think the gimmick stinks and I don't like the way he repeats himself.

Still it's not as bad as Matt Morgan's gimmick at least...

Him repeating himself is the best part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I have to say i thought that was a class promo. He definitely looks like he has the "it" factor or whatever it is. You can see him being touted as the ytpical arrogant heel but being cheered along in the same manner as Carlito is. Lookin forward to seein how he progress's........PROOOOOOGRESS'S!! (sorry couldnt resist) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So far so good. He looks like Chuck Palumbo though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Thanks gimmick. I will forever look a him as Chuck Palumbo V2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He actually reminds me of Chris Candido...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

There is nothing original about this guy. He looks like Chris Candido and Ronnie Garvin and his promos are a rip off of the Rock (see his interviews) and the Road Dogg (see his entrance).

Plus that repeating thing is just plain annoying.... ANNOYING!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Yeah, doesn't he! Only if he kicked arse like him too. (I'm not saying that he can't kick arse I'm just...AAAaaaa......you know what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I can't quite work him out yet but theres definately somthing curious and different about him thats very watchable. In fairness to the WWE they really are giving alot of guys the chance to step up and make a name for themselves Carlito, Masters, Lashley, Kennedy, Burchill etc which in the long run can only be good.

Advertisement