Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit History

Options
  • 16-09-2005 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Evening,

Not sure if this is the right area, but here goes:

I moved to Ireland from the UK about 2 years and I am currently applying for a mortgage. I received a letter from Barclays Bank in the UK yesterday, regarding an overdraft which was left owing. They have issued a termination notice (full payment within 14 days), threatening court action and a bad credit history.

Obviously, I will be paying the balance on Monday!!!

I am concerned now regarding the negative impact this wil have on my mortgage application. Can the Irish Banks check your credit history in the UK, or can a bank in the UK impose a bad credit rating on an Irish address.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, they shouldn't have an impact on each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I wouldn't think so. Irish banks co-operate with the Irish Credit Bureau. Uk banks wouln't be involved with this.

Since you're paying the overdraft before termination, you'll be fine

Advertisement