Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping the ball for no apparent reason?

Options
  • 16-09-2005 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I only started juggling about 6 weeks ago but it's sort of taken hold of me.

Only that annoys me is that I sometimes drop a ball for no apparent reason, doing tricks I can normally do very well. I've also noticed that I usually drop the ball form my right (dominant) hand.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Hmm yes I know what you mean. It can be very very annoying.

Maybe you're concentrating too much on catching it with your weaker hand. An because of that you don't even think about catching it with your right. And then you don't even catch the ball at all. I'm sometimes like that. I think about catching it with one hand more than the other.

Try and relax when you're juggling. Because it can be tedious, and you can get worked up. Take a break every so often and then go back.

I'm sure you will get a hang of it after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I usually only drop balls on easy tricks when I begin to practice, cos' I'm not warmed up yet and haven't gotten back into the rythem. After 10/20/30 minutes I'm back on form. Do you only drop the balls at the start of practice sessions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Sounds like your trying to catch the balls each time if you think about cupping your hand and not closing it on the balls that'll help. and try to think of throwing as more redirecting the balls. if your at the green tomo i can demonstrate what i mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Yeah Emmet's a lot better than me at the teaching aspect, and all aspects of juggling.

Tried to teach me and Sarah (sweet rasmus) how to do passing tricks :p
    We were fantastic weren't we Emmet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You weren't that bad at all, you picked it up quite fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

lol! i need more practice! i wont be there toady, as i'm now far too lazy, as per usual, but i hope to join up with the ucd society, now that i'm back at college. i wonder what that crowd are like...

Advertisement