Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

locked out of laptop

• 17-09-2005 9:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

hey, I'm completely locked out of a windows Xp pro laptop and I was looking for a linux based boot disc that can rewrite the local administrator password. I used it before on a windows 2000 pc ages ago but I cant remember the name of it, anyone got a link?

ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I work in IT so I'm not trying to hack anyone's pc just incase anyone's wondering ;) .. anyway I got it sorted :) thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

ERD Commander is an IT Engineers Best friend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

think this is what you're looking for, for future reference. does it every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

thanks all for the help
    tech wrote:
    ERD Commander is an IT Engineers Best friend!

I've just tried that program out, wow its saved my a$$ big time. I owe you a pint :) Best program I've come across in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

no hassle Mines a Bulmers

• Advertisement
Advertisement