Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calls from number 008006754131

• 17-09-2005 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I get a numerous number of calls from this number on my mobile and landline every week. When I answer, there's an automatic fax tone and then the call is terminated from their side.

Anyone knows what this is all about?

Pls move this to another category if it's posted wrongly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Looks like an international free phone number. Perhaps you should ring your mobile operator and enquire.

Could be one of these fax spamming things that somebody has programmed incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just call your mobile and landline phone companies and report it. It's definitely marketing faxes.

It's also an invalid caller ID as the number is too short for an 00 800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 electro

I get this too from 008006754131, although I havent heard the fax tone. Its annoying.
    Ive reported it to eircom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I got a call from them too from what sounded a very busy call centre over a really crappy line asking if I was registered with eircom or some crazy crap like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

Well I have heard that you may get automatic calls from marketing companies that just call you and hang up. They probably doing a bit of research before they set up or something to see what time most people answer their phones or use them. marketing info I guess. I would assume that would be a reason to do it especially if they are all happening at once to different people in the country.

Companies are all conspiricy and do a lot of things they dont tell us about. I would presume this could be one of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement