Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Survey: PSP dead pixels?

• 17-09-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

This might make interesting reading. I've got one dead pixel so I'm not too fussed about it although after spending that much money, I would expect perfection. Will be interesting to see how many people have found dead pixels versus perfect screens.

Has your PSP got any dead pixels? 28 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    HobbesD-GenerateMossy MonkLoGiETuskyBBGondaflyZhanePlaceboCorben DallasGristlyEndaafCyrusGuy:IncognitoLagunaRuggieBearFranky BoyChardee MacDennisWertzqz 28 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Elessar

Dead Pixel free here :D

Although I have a 1.50 on its way to me aswell from Hong Kong so I'll have to see about that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

No
    Elessar wrote:
    Dead Pixel free here :D

Although I have a 1.50 on its way to me aswell from Hong Kong so I'll have to see about that one.
    To make this a fair poll, you should choose 'no' in the poll above. You might be one of an elite few who has a perfect screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

My friends got a psp with a dead pixel. SICKNER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Not one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

No
    i haver 1 dead pixel in the middle of the screen. it doesnt bother me at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭kirving

I got 1 dead pixel, one stuck pixel, the dead was right in the midle, the other was over to the right of the screen, which this flashing video helped become less noticable, availible HERE , i left it on for a few hours and it did help the stuck pixel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

No
    I have one dead, it's towards the bottom right of the screen so it doesn't bother me. Altho I do constantly find myself looking for more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

No
    got 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

No
    One dead in the bottom left of the screen. Unnoticeable unless you really search for it against a white screen whcih no game has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

No
    Just the one in the lower right corner. As others have said, doesn't bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I have none. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

RuggieBear wrote:
    got 6

If you have over 5 Sony will replace it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

No
    tbh, you only notice them on black screens....so i couldn't be arsed losing my machine for however long it takes them to figure it out and replace it

If i lose any more i will tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

had 3, brought it back, got a new shiny 1 with 0 dead pixels ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

No
    i have 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

No
    I got lots... between 10 and 20.

But hopefully the good people at Xtravision are going to give me a shiny new PSP this coming week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

No
    Yes, I got a PSP the day of launch from XtraVision. It had 10 dead pixels, thinking I was unlucky I went back the next day and, after a massive fight with the staff, got a replacement. I went home, charged it up for me to find, low and behold, 15 dead pixels. Well I just got the money back this time, Sony can go **** themselves now, lowering the standard of LCD pass rate just to create enough for the market. Can you imagine what PS3 will be like now?, missing graphics card? (I'm sure in the PS3 manual it would say the same thing it said about PSP dead pixels, that it's not faulty if a PSP has them... yeah, ok Sony, whatever)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

No
    Laguna wrote:
    Yes, I got a PSP the day of launch from XtraVision. It had 10 dead pixels, thinking I was unlucky I went back the next day and, after a massive fight with the staff, got a replacement. I went home, charged it up for me to find, low and behold, 15 dead pixels. Well I just got the money back this time, Sony can go **** themselves now, lowering the standard of LCD pass rate just to create enough for the market. Can you imagine what PS3 will be like now?, missing graphics card? (I'm sure in the PS3 manual it would say the same thing it said about PSP dead pixels, that it's not faulty if a PSP has them... yeah, ok Sony, whatever)
    Get one somewhere else. They're worth it! Smyth's Toystore have some good deals going as do Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,327 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

No
    i think i have one lazy one, remains white on a black or navy screen but works on other colours, have never noticed it in a game and doesnt detract from my psp at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

No dead pixels here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

no dead pixels here either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just received my 1.50 from Hong Kong this morning and NO dead pixels on it either! :D

Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Interesting to see how many of you have dead pixels, rather than just stuck pixels.

I have 2 stuck pixels on my Jap PSP and two stuck on my 1.52 Euro PSP.

No dead pixels on either of them thank heavens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

All my pixels are grand and got it from Xtravision too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bought it here 2 weeks ago and my first one had 2 dead pixels, so I brought it back and they replaced it, new one has no dead pixels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

no dead pixels here. american bought early june... 1.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

No dead pixels, bought Jap in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 endoftheline

No
    i have 1, i usually don't mind it, except when people go "oh you've 1 stuck pixel there"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

No Dead Pixels bought in Gamestop :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement