Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there people who think that the title race is already over?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No its not
    If yesterday's match is anything to go by, United could lose to Wigan anyway!

Jokes aside though, I think that even the most hardened Man Utd or Arsenal supporter would find it hard not to concede the title to Chelsea already.

Both teams have dropped points and they look like they'll drop more. Chelsea, on the other hand, look unstoppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:

Jokes aside though, I think that even the most hardened Man Utd or Arsenal supporter would find it hard not to concede the title to Chelsea already.

Both teams have dropped points and they look like they'll drop more. Chelsea, on the other hand, look unstoppable.
    While things don't look the best, you only have to look at how easily football can change. Last year at this stage people were handing Arsenal the title on a platter after their storming start to the season after winning it the previous one. Remember as well there are 3 games that could swing the momentum any way:
    Chelsea vs Man United
    Man United vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Chelsea.
    Those are the big six-pointers regarding the top, anything could happen. Those games aside, there's also a lot of points that could be dropped in others. I take your point about Chelsea being more consistant than United and Arsenal, but it's not as if they'll go through the entire season without dropping a point.

No its not

While things don't look the best, you only have to look at how easily football can change. Last year at this stage people were handing Arsenal the title on a platter after their storming start to the season after winning it the previous one. Remember as well there are 3 games that could swing the momentum any way:
    Chelsea vs Man United
    Man United vs Chelsea
    Arsenal vs Chelsea.
    Those are the big six-pointers regarding the top, anything could happen. Those games aside, there's also a lot of points that could be dropped in others. I take your point about Chelsea being more consistant than United and Arsenal, but it's not as if they'll go through the entire season without dropping a point.

Yes, and Chelsea have already drawn first blood in the big games by beating Arsenal. The fact is that Man Utd and Arsenal will drop more points. Chelsea will drop points inevitably but it'll take a miracle for Chelsea to drop enough to let Man Utd or Arsenal back into it.

I think we could see the biggest winning points margin in quite a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭madjack

No its not
    Youre right! Id say the only thing that would lose Chelsea some points is if they lose 2 or 3 of the wide men thru injury. Possible but improbable. Thats how Liverpool "beat" them in the Champs Leaguye last season.

By the way Chelsea are down to 1.15 (about 1/7) (gamebookers) for the title...

In September!! When has this ever happened before? Anyone know if the outright odds were so low at such an early stage before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Do people just not read what I write :)

Chelsea do not have strength of depth in the center of midfield.

They have

Makelele
    Essien
    Lampard
    Gudjohnson(at best)
    And you wonder why people don't read what you write?

Joe Cole and Geremi are also central midfielders.

Name another one of Chelsea's rivals that have six proven quality central midfielders?

They also have Robben, Duff and SWP who could all (with the possible exception of Robben) play Lampards role.

No its not
    And just look at United's great strength in depth... oops, sorry forgot, aren't they the team who keep playing a striker in midfield?

But what about Arsenal's? Two rookie kids, albeit two fantastic rookie kids but still players lacking the experience of Chelsea's backup midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

Well Paddy Power has declared it over so seeing as the bookie always win then it is over
    https://www.paddypower.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No its not
    Well Paddy Power has declared it over so seeing as the bookie always win then it is over
    https://www.paddypower.com
    Except 3 years ago when they paid out on Arsenal only for United to snatch it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I hate saying it at such an early stage in the season but no-one's gonna stop Chelsea. Arsenal's squad isn't strong enough and United just aren't good enough. There's always next year I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

No its not
    Are there any that voted no that now think yes or vica versa ?

Advertisement